Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD rollcall... 2005/06 style

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

I'm doing Science too, and am doing the Maths and Physics sides of it also.

Did your timetable give you Mondays off in Semester 1? Because mine did.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

>_< no not at all, 4 hours on monday as of now (2 are from an elective though), but thats likely to rise when the practicals are dropped on me *hides under desk*

sephirosis wrote:
    >_< no not at all, 4 hours on monday as of now (2 are from an elective though), but thats likely to rise when the practicals are dropped on me *hides under desk*

Yeah well I chose my practicals, so hopefully they won't bother to change them around since I already picked them. Hopefully.

For some reason I also noticed a few unfriendly people in the student card line. And that guy who walked around trying to get you to join the AIB really needed a punch in the face! :rolleyes: He talked to me for practically the whole duration of the queue! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

Yeah well I chose my practicals, so hopefully they won't bother to change them around since I already picked them. Hopefully.

For some reason I also noticed a few unfriendly people in the student card line. And that guy who walked around trying to get you to join the AIB really needed a punch in the face! :rolleyes: He talked to me for practically the whole duration of the queue! :(

hrmmm i thought you couldnt pick your practicals for science. according to the registration guiide, they will "be assigned" the first week. i just hope they dont give me a time that clashes with other modules *feels headache*

as for the aib guy.....he wasn't too impressed when i tried to make HIM sign up for an account with BOI

sephirosis wrote:
    hrmmm i thought you couldnt pick your practicals for science. according to the registration guiide, they will "be assigned" the first week. i just hope they dont give me a time that clashes with other modules *feels headache*

Yeah I know. I just decided to do it anyway, in the hope that they won't bother to change it around since I already assigned them myself.
    as for the aib guy.....he wasn't too impressed when i tried to make HIM sign up for an account with BOI

LoL. The first thing I told him was that there is a BOI right beside my house, and that I've been a member for many years. And yet he still somehow managed to ramble on about the advantages of AIB for the next half hour. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

I'm doing Science too, and am doing the Maths and Physics sides of it also.

Did your timetable give you Mondays off in Semester 1? Because mine did.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    I've got Mondays off too (BSc Comp Science). Score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn you n00bs and your Monday off.
    BTW... CS timetables are here

PaulDoh wrote:
    I've got Mondays off too (BSc Comp Science). Score.

High five! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

Damn you n00bs and your Monday off.
    Yay for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

sephirosis wrote:
    first science (huzzah). was in for the student card the other day, other science people seemed an unfriendly lot :( (ok probably just as much my fault *cursed shyness*) anyway expect to see me in the honours maths, maths physics and exp physics.

lol, i doubt it was unfriendliness, just a load of shy science geeks being afraid to talk :D , that's the way it was last year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tribulus wrote:
    lol, i doubt it was unfriendliness, just a load of shy science geeks being afraid to talk :D , that's the way it was last year too.

Maybe they were like that due to the ultimate Science geek making them lose their mind by talking to them about the processes of the food chain all frickin' day long! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i am not the king...yet *grumbles* i'm not even good at maths ffs, has to be an allrounder ;)

tribulus wrote:
    i am not the king...yet *grumbles* i'm not even good at maths ffs, has to be an allrounder ;)

I hear that you have been phoning a certain Mr. H offering Science mentor services! Now if thats not what a science nerd does then I don't know what is! :D

ha ha he gave me a text so i rang him up to give my wisdom!!
    also poncho man (the big scruffy rugby player) is also 1st science!!!! i've started a trend

tribulus wrote:
    also poncho man (the big scruffy rugby player) is also 1st science!!!! i've started a trend

Oh you cannot be serious! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

He'll fit right in on Science Day! :)

yep :D

i'll sign him in here:

Maxol Pancho Man - 1st Science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

2nd arts (At Last)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alyssa

first year science....starts so soon!
    im kinda shy too but i was shouted at and pushed into peoples till i started talking to them...gentle encouragement im sure...one way of making friends i guess :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

first year science too.

although i missed the orientation. what did i miss and when do we start . im a little lost here :(

Did you register for your modules online?

• Advertisement

yea i done that. doesnt say when we start or what rooms are lectures / practicals are in.

what was said at orientation? did i miss anything important

Not in the slightest imo. Did you check your calendar for Semester one?

yea i picked my twelve courses and tutorials/practicals etc.

still doesnt give us a date or what rooms are luctures are going to be in.

a bit strange. or maybe its just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

im ****ting myself as usual, intro lecture today they did the usual "work now very hard or doooom will reign down upon you" speech :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm here too.. just about!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jellymonster

Unfortunately i'm here and i'm doing Arts, third yr tho' so there are some pluses to being back here again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

3rd Busines and Law. It's like 2 degrees for the price of 1.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ok, I can finally post here :p

1st BA Computer Science

Computer science, psychology, and history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Farcear wrote:
    3rd Busines and Law. It's like 2 degrees for the price of 1.

See that interests me farcear, im in 3rd bbls too......you would be the 4th BBLS'er i know of on boards. Besty was the first, I was second and Laurence (banterville) was third. Who r you??

Advertisement