Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What The Hell Has Happened To My Photoshop Settings!?

Options
  • 22-08-2005 2:37am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

First of all, I've been using Photoshop quite a lot, so this makes it even more odd for me.

For one, my Colour Picker (Colour Template - Whatever you want to call it) has gone completely wonky.
    I was so used to the usual one which had 'set' colours to choose from, but now, they've gone ****ing strange. Anymore, if I move the slider, or add more RGB (Any colour) the preset colours in the left panel that you can pick from now change according to how much colour I have used, making it damn well hard to get ANY colour I want without knowing off hand it's exact RGB amount.

OK, it's hard to explain the problem, so I won't be suprised if you don't get what I'm trying to say.

The only other way I can explain it is this:

- I click on one of the two colours in the tool column (Under the Zoom / Hand tool) to get to the colour picker.
    - I want to pick a colour from the 'Select Foreground Colour' panel, but for one, the colours are different from what Im used to.
    - When I select one, instead of the panel to the immediate right of the 'Select Foreground Colurs' showing me the usual Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Indigo / Violet gradient, it changes to a two colour shading between the colour I have selected and the R G B numbers placed on the right hand side, leaving me with no real way of getting what I want unless I do mass amounts of changes to one of the three.

Now, ontop of that, I find it hard sometimes to cut / paste what I want via the Rectangular Marquee tool. It just seems to completely refuse to do it, sometimes, which is odd.

I'm really damn pissed off because this is the only real time Photoshop has given me any hassle, and because of that I'm completely stumped as to how to fix my colour settings.

Gone through the Colour Preferences Option, and tried each and every alteration, but the colour picker problem remains. I'm trying to do some sprite editing for my new game, so I cant do any editing unless this utter bastard ****ing **** problem is resolved.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
    I'm sure it may be a simple problem, but I just don't understand how it happened because I've never altered any settings in the program.

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

OK, I figured out what happened, and it was the most pathetic thing.

I had the wrong letter ticked in the colour picker window (Needed the H ticked - It had B ticked [blue]) which is rather odd because I never messed with that before.

Is there no option that allows you to return to a bunch of preset preferences, should something happen to the ones you already have? I was almost going to uninstall and re-install the whole program because I got so damn frustrated.
    Knew it would be something stupid.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

gj m8

Advertisement