Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RedHat 6 'Looser, muppet' problem

Options
  • 15-05-1999 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Right so I'm the worlds greatest lama so what? I am not a complete unix newbie as I admin a sco box in work. But I have never installed unix b4.

scene - red hat 6, setup is the default workstation setup
    My system - red hat is on slave - 1 gig partition. 166MMX 64 megs ram, voodoo banshee card, extern modem. Bog standard 15" gateway 2000 monitor.

Installed red hat, all is well. Everything was picked up bar voodoo card and modem, no probs. I can sort this out.

The problem is when it starts up I only see 1/4 of the screen. I tried all I could but I cannot seem to find a windows type 'display settings' anywhere in gnome?

Then I out of frustration I blew out the partation and re installed it, and now it xconfiguration wont recognise my display settings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

run xconfigurator..
    from the shell
    if that doesn't work
    i think ctrl alt and + cycle through the res settings

MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Omar

Yes do that, i have a gateway vivitron 15" too, I pick 1024 non-interlaced @70Hz and 50-90 sync frequency, works luverly jubberly for 16bit 1024*768 .

Ðeclan $hanaghy
    3rd Computer Engineering
    University of Limerick
    9637184@student.ul.ie
    http://www.csn.ul.ie/~dek

Advertisement