Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cradle of Filth

Options
  • 22-08-2005 4:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

What you all think of Cradle of Filth? I love them, I am just listening to From the Cradle to Enslave and Midian now, both great albums. Her Ghost in the Fog is an amazing song.

CRADLE%20OF%20FILTH-1-25.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I really really dislike them and I'm being nice here. I can't stand Dani filths voice, the music is OK but the voice just puts me right off them. I just don't like Dani filth in general O_o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭ShreddedHumans

Have some respect. He screams so much backstage before gigs that his vocal chords bleed before he goes out on stage. Just to produce that sound.

I see no reason to show respect for someone who destroys their vocal chords to create absolutely horrible vocals IMHO. Ij ust don't like his music. You asked my opinion and I gave it.

Fair enough I asked for your opnion. Anyway, apart from Dani's vocals I like the girls vocals too, and I love that orchestrateral (???) sound.

Yeah the sounds are pretty cool I like the track "Once Upon An Atrocity".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I recall that terrible "tattoo The Planet" gig where they played. During the seemingly endless wait for Slayer to come on (a horrific slowing down of time unfathomably repeated at Ozzfest) my mate Big Ken and I discussed whether we were just getting old or whether these guys (COF) were just really, really ****.

We agreed it wasn't us just getting old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Cradle of Filth are the best comedy/metal act I have ever seen. (Thats my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think Cradle of Filth are pretty hit-and-miss. I like Nymphetamine (the album), I have to admit, although listening to more than half-an-hour of Crade of Filth in a row is tiring work, so I don't always make it to the end. Their cover of Hallowed be thy name is also rather good. That said, I've never really found much appeal the older stuff of theirs I've heard, apart from possible Dusk and her Embrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I can't stand them - they are brutal.
    I went to see them in Melbourne about 4 years ago with my boyfriend & ended up curling up & going asleep when they were on because they were so boring.... Really bad music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

anyone who does this to themselves should have them removed and given to a more worthy cause. disgusting. whats wrong with the world today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I used to be a huge fan not so long ago, but it's not even the same band any more, it's just Dani and some backing members on a revolving door policy. I hark back to the days of Stuart Anstis' awesome guitar work, and I can still stick on one of their early albums and go "Whoa man, that rocks!" :D

I've no idea who the hell is in the band these days though, I gave up on them because the constant line-up changes pretty much sucked anything that I liked about the band right out of it, and the music they've been writing now just doesn't inspire me anymore. They're more like a second rate Slipknot.

I'll stand on record that despite their excellent early albums, Dani was never a good vocalist.
    Have some respect. He screams so much backstage before gigs that his vocal chords bleed before he goes out on stage. Just to produce that sound.

Sorry, but that's absolute ****ing horse**** right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

Cradle of Filth are class "Nymphetamine" is a brilliant album with the girl's voice and the orchestra!!
    Midian is their best album by far though!!

You are the one talking ****e mate
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_filth
    In order to attain his impressive vocal range, it has been said that the lead singer screams until his vocal cords bleed, and then goes on stage.

You are the one talking ****e mate
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_filth

Seeing as anyone can edit a wiki entry, I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
    In order to attain his impressive vocal range, it has been said that the lead singer screams until his vocal cords bleed, and then goes on stage.

So hearsay = fact in your books then? I'll tell you something, I've seen Cradle Of Filth live a number of times, and I've been back stage with the band and Dani never did any such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Surely screaming until your vocal cords are damaged would in fact decrease your vocal range? I'm no scientician but generally one's body tends to have limited abilities when damaged. I can't see one's vocal cords being any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I absolutely adore almost all of Damnation and a Day. I have The Principle of Evil Made Flesh and Midian as well, but I've listened to DAAD far more than either of them.

<3 The Smoke of Her Burning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

the female singer is Liv Kristine formerly of Theatre of Tragedy and now of Leaves Eyes. If you liked her appearance on the COF album listen to TOT-they are vastly superior.
    Isnt Dani Filth the only original member of the band left? what does that say about him

Nightwish wrote:
    Isnt Dani Filth the only original member of the band left? what does that say about him

That he's into equine necrophelia?

spot on

I will check out Theatre of Tragedy. Also I like Nightwish their singer is amazing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silenoz

His vocal cords bleed! Ha ha... Brilliant! There's something for the fan kids to try.... (BS I'm sure)
    Anyway, on topic... I like COF, well the music anyway, they've had some good songs over the years -A mixed bunch really. The last album is very good, Liv Kristine's vocals on the title track is the high point but the music has actually progressed well, the music on "Absinthe with Faust" and "English Fire" is excellent. Dani does write some good lyrics, but christ he can't really sing!

Hey, it's about time someone brought up this subject... But that's for another discussion I guess.

I will check out Theatre of Tragedy. Also I like Nightwish their singer is amazing too.

Theatre of Tragedy before they kicked Liv Kristine out, is what your looking for. It really is fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hey - notice they're touring the UK in December -- think they'll make it to Ireland. I'd really like to go-see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

I'll tell you something, I've seen Cradle Of Filth live a number of times, and I've been back stage with the band and Dani never did any such thing.

I've also seen COF several times. I was also lucky enough to meet Dani before a show, and rather than scream until his vocal chords bled, he was more interested in sinking a few pints.

I'm not such a big fan of their newer stuff, although my favourite album would have to be 'Dusk And Her Embrace'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

Yeh,does any1 no if they are coming to Ireland?

Liv Christine's new band Leave's Eyes are good but Theatre of Tragedy were brilliant before she left!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No, The female singer is Sarah Jezebel Deva. Check any of their album sleeve notes if you don't believe me.

Liv Kristine dueted on the song Nymphetamine (Overdose) and that's it.

I really, really like Cradle, and I admit Dani's vocals are an acquired taste.

My favourite song of theirs has to be 'From The Cradle To Enslave'. The only album I don't like is Dusk And Her Embrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

WweHardyV2 wrote:
    Yeh,does any1 no if they are coming to Ireland?

Not this year anyway. Their tour has a bunch of UK dates and handily leaves Ireland out completely.

The only album I don't like is Dusk And Her Embrace.

Philistine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I must say I do like a bit of Cradle of Filth. After Midian they went downhill fast but before that they were pretty great. Yes it's over the top and Dani can sound like a strangled **** but to me COF have always been a band that are serious about taking the piss. I'd rather have a four foot pasty guy with his nipples showing then that prick from Mayhem who thinks he's hard because he has a pig's head on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

commercial posers must die. thats it.

Advertisement