Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Crap Tunes I Made.

Options
  • 22-08-2005 7:02am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a creative guy, so I spent all my spare time making... Stuff...
    When I'm not making games, writing poems or stories, mod making, partaking in some graphic designs, sprite editing or dabbing my hand at some animation, you can be sure I'm whistling away to myself whilst thinking up some tunes of my own...

Made quite a lot of music and SFX in the past via music creation packages, mainly because I've been brought up by a family of musicians, so I decided to throw some money around and bought myself EJay Music Director Gold...

Now, problem with the package is that, unless you can find / create samples of your own, you're pretty much stuck with the ones supplied on CD, which greatly annoyed me because I'm a versatile bastard when it comes to sifling through sea's of stuff and using them to my advantage, but in this case all things provided were premade loops / tunes that you have to piece together, which annoyed me.

So I uninstalled the program with extreme prejudice, and decided to throw the tunes here before I get rid of them.

They were made with my speaker bass boost in mind, so don't be suprised if they sound 'off' to you (If you even download them in the first place)

So here you go.
    Uploaded them so people can have a listen, and then I can get rid of them all in the interest of C: Drive space.

No need to criticise, they're not that great.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-Dusted.mp3
    Mellow Hip-Hop.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-MindFrame.mp3
    Upbeat Ambient.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-Molten.mp3
    Name this genre...

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-Fixation.mp3
    House.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-Vocal%20Industry.mp3
    Drum & Bass (Freestyle) - The first (and worst) tune of the lot.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/ropedrink/RopeDrink-Lite%20Life.mp3
    Dance.

Anyway, enjoy (Or don't).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just checked out MindFrame and Dusted, not bad at all, and the latter is actually rather good! Pity about the cut off ending. As you are pimping so will I!

Widescreen right click Save As..

Tight Spaces right click Save As..

Sounds for the minds eye!

Mike.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hey Mike, that's exactly the kind of music I'm looking for my new game!

I'm making a new project that requires that very same style.
    Do you still make this stuff, or was that a once off, and if you DO still make it do you think I could steal / request more once I get my project in full swing?
    You'd obviously get massive credit mention for them :)

They're very good.

As for mine, thanks for downloading them. Dusted is definately the best one I've made, but I'm just sickened at how I had to make it via the premade loops and such. Would have been more proud if it was simply by using the instruments rather than the samples.

Cheers Mike.

Hi

Feel free to download my stuff and if you think there's any music that'll work
    for your project then use it as you see fit. A credit is all I ask for (until you hit the big time!).

Mike.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Thank you kindly... As for me hitting the big time, well, one can dream :)

Cheers again!

Erm, just curios, but where can I download them mate? :D
    I took a peek or two in the FutureMusicCorp link you have but I keep getting directed to forums :)

Sorry for the hassle!

• Advertisement

he he, I knew I'd forgotten something!

clicky here

Mike.

Cheers for that, Mike.

Downloaded each and every one of them and they all happen to be fitting for my project :D So if you honestly don't mind, and if I get some work done on the project itself, I'll use all of them :)

Due credit shall be placed in your name of course, and pints shall be owed should I see thee at any drink sessions.

Do you have any other tunes at all?

I've nothing else online at the moment.

What sort of stuff are you working on, anything on line to see?

Mike.

Well the tunes I submitted here are used in my game MehPong (There's a link in my signiature - Planetarion)

At the moment Im working on an Alien Breed style game so the music you just threw up there suits it perfectly - Nice and mellow, and somewhat creepy.

I have nothing submitted as of yet bar a few sprites, but if you like I can keep you informed, and sure if your interested in making a few tunes for it then I'll owe you a platter full of pints.

Advertisement