Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accom.

Options
  • 22-08-2005 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭

Alrite people, im goin to DCU, it would be a shame to have to sleep rough and all.

Dont know of anyone goin there either, also would rather stay off campus (based on reports)

Anyone know where i should be starting my hunt for houses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

look on www.daft.ie me and my friend got an apartment in stillorgan from there, you can do different types of searches like commuter searchs along different bus routes or you can do college searches and find a place relitively close to your college. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Viscosity

http://www.dcu.ie/accommodation/off_campus.shtml

You just contact the office at DCU and they will get you sorted.

As for area's to live.

Anything in Shanard/Mobhi Rd and bits of Whitehall are all pretty close to the college. Take a good luck at the bus routes because some areas have awful services. From what I found is that you'd be better off in Phibsboro and have a regular service than be near Beaumount Hospital and have the 103 coming around every hour.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

www.studentlettings.ie is deadly!!! pick a college and it gives all available accommodation in college area [for DCU the Gateway student village looks savage]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Viscosity

Yep they look great but just so you know, thats slap bang in the middle of Ballymun. A few years back there was a tower black there.....If you look to the extreme right of "View from Ballymun road" artists impression you can see them, but they are twice as high.

On the upside, only 1/2 mile from the college and reasonably priced. Ah sure go on, Ballymun is on the up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

thats where im hoping to stay like its so reasonable for dublin. does n e 1 know if its near botanic gardens thats where im headin to collage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

its not as rough as it used to be so i've heard...
    and sure anyway if it is it'll toughen ye up!

Advertisement