Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaydar.co.uk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

BuffyBot wrote:
    Lately? Mind you, the Eire room I avoid like the plague. *shudder*

Some of the people there make me want to do very homicidal things..

Oh, there used to be interesting arguments about stupid stuff. Most of the smart people seem to have left, tho.

I go in just for the conversation. Yes. (I might as well, really; anyone I'd be interested in who isn't scared off by my terrifying visage tends to be frightened away by my... interesting... personality).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oh, there used to be interesting arguments about stupid stuff.

Must of missed that. Last itneresting conversation I had in that room must have been about three years ago :D
    Most of the smart people seem to have left, tho.

Guess that's why they're so smart ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

rsynnott wrote:
    Oh, there used to be interesting arguments about stupid stuff. Most of the smart people seem to have left, tho.

I go in just for the conversation. Yes. (I might as well, really; anyone I'd be interested in who isn't scared off by my terrifying visage tends to be frightened away by my... interesting... personality).

Weren't you told before to stop being so self-deprecating ;)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Johnnymcg wrote:
    Weren't you told before to stop being so self-deprecating ;)

Oh, it's one of my few vices. Anyway, I'm more or less being honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

rsynnott wrote:
    I'm more or less being honest...

****s sake Rob, take it to PI or something. Isn't there some three strikes and you're back in rule or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

azezil wrote:
    I did worse to swiss, sent him an automated "sorry I don't think our profiles match" tehe
    You weren't kidding ;).

I can be as guilty too of not replying to a message, but I rarely give back that automated message since it seems a little too impersonal. I try not to do that anymore since I would like a reply should I send a message. Sometimes those discussions on gaydar can be a little surreal though - you can have a reasonable mini conversation with the usual "hey how are you" - "what are you at?" etc and then *bam* theres a big (or little as the case may be) cock shot ready to greet you.

The chatrooms are something else. I avoid them like the plague since the idea of people spamming for meetups in their particular area and making thinly veiled sexual innuendo doesn't appeal to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It's the same on Gaydar Girls... you wouldn't believe the filth sassy sandie gets sent!

Are you her? :)

I might try that out...

dory wrote:
    Are you her? :)

I might try that out...

Amnesiac_ie is a guy

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He's a guy but that's his profile. Some profiles on both gaydar and gaydargirls are people there to lure gullible people for a laugh. Another reason why you need to be careful online.

I thought it was hillarious when amnesiac_ie's female friend started playing the game with him and she ended up getting sent a picture of her friend's cock :D

Stark wrote:
    He's a guy but that's his profile. Some profiles on both gaydar and gaydargirls are people there to lure gullible people for a laugh. Another reason why you need to be careful online.

I thought it was hillarious when amnesiac_ie's female friend started playing the game with him and she ended up getting sent a picture of her friend's cock :D

Are you saying amnesiac_ie sent his female friend a picture of his cock :eek:

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No no, a completely different friend sent the cock pic. I have no idea who he actually was. Poor girl learnt her lesson that day :)

Advertisement