Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Keyboards

Options
  • 14-05-1999 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine in work just bought herself a second hand computer for doing accounts etc. It seems like it was a great bargain (she bought it from a company called Laser) except for one little hiccup: the £ sign is actually the # and she can't find the £ sign anywhere on the keyboard! Bit of a bugger for accounting smile.gif

Anyway, any ideas on fixing this? (I know that in Qwcl my @ and " are switched but this seems different (it is in every application).

Thanks,

J.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Right - first off - is there a £ on the keyboard or is it just # appears instead of the £ on the screen?

The latter problem is because the keyboard properities on the computer is not set right.
    Goto Start->Settings->Control Panel->Keyboard->Language. Select Add and then English(uk) from the options. Reset your machine and it should be fine then.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hold down the ALT key and type 156. That will do the trick.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Lol,
    Its sound like she has US keyboard.
    (Who likes yanks anyway?? :p)
    Try the same as Draco said fer yer own wan,
    If not
    "Wanna buy a keyboard mate?"
    "Really Cheep, Got dem down lockup"
    smile.gif
    Baz.

Advertisement