Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First service costs for a '04 Hyundai Coupe

Options
  • 22-08-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,

My Fiancee just dropped in her car for its first service at 9,000 miles at a hyundai dealership and was charged €145.00 for what basically amounted to an oil change as there's basically no other wear on the car. Does anyone else know how this compares with the general pricing - is it on the steep side or is it just another friendly shafting so the vrt doesn't feel lonely?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

That's reasonable I think for a mian dealer, I guess it's an oil change, oil and air filter change, spark plugs maybe, throttle cleaning and perhaps a valet, was any of that done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Ann Elk

Just the oil and other fluid levels as far as i know, and they also cleaned the breaks, but no filters or valet

Ann Elk wrote:
    Just the oil and other fluid levels as far as i know, and they also cleaned the breaks, but no filters or valet

Ok, I always thought the air filter was part of the service, but 145 is normal - decent at a main dealers, if you asked them they'd also list a whole series of under bonnet checks, wheel rotation etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Why did he leave it in 6,000 miles early? the first service on the 05 isint due for 15k maybe its different thought on the 04. 145 doesnt seem too crazy, bit expensive but ya werent ripped off like, my friend paid 120 for her first service on her 04 2.7 v6 a few months ago,

Why did he leave it in 6,000 miles early? the first service on the 05 isint due for 15k maybe its different thought on the 04. 145 doesnt seem too crazy, bit expensive but ya werent ripped off like, my friend paid 120 for her first service on her 04 2.7 v6 a few months ago,

Selling it on, it's better to have the service stamps at regular intervals. The first service on my dad's Sonata 2 litre cost near the 150 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Sounds expensive to me , very simple job to do ,
    thats how main dealers make their money tho , dont think theres a huge margin in selling the car first day but the aftercare costs from a main dealer are huge when compared to a back street garage for doing basicaly the same work !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Franchise garages are investing huge sums in new showrooms and equipment these days, we're paying for all that. Until the warranty runs out anyway!

Mike.

Advertisement