Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Places

Options
  • 22-08-2005 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

they're already posted on the cao website in case anyones looking for them!! were'nt supposed to be up till tomorrow!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What are they...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Oh sweet lord, my course has vacant places. They even ran out of thick people to fill it up. Oh well! At least it will make getting jobs easier with less people doing it!

Dudes, can I get a link or something? I'm on the CAO website and I don't know what you're looking at :( Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

will they be updated again tomorrow

Go here , then click "Vacant Place Courses".

• Advertisement

Thanks :) UCD has no vacant places, it seems! Does that mean that points won't go down in the second round of offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Does that give the chance to apply for vacant places of courses i didn't originally apply for?if i have the required points for it
    i prosume if it did it would make you the last resort to fill the course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I applied for a few of them in DIT, anyone know how long until you get offers from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

damnit! ive applied for the trinity computer science evening course and now i cant find the slip of paper the cao sent me with my cao number on it or the other piece of paper i scribbled it down on.

i wish they would just send the cao number in a bloody email, it would make far more sense.

i suppose ill have to stay awake tommorow and try phone the cao and see if they'll give me my number over the phone or in an e-mail :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

well if theres no vacant places chances are u wont get it in the second round!! as we've been told continually treat your first offer as your only offer!! unless there'll be more vacant places put up by tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Iv already accepted an offer for DIT, but i want to apply for a vacant place on another course. If i apply for it, this automatically cancels my DIT application doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Zhane wrote:
    Iv already accepted an offer for DIT, but i want to apply for a vacant place on another course. If i apply for it, this automatically cancels my DIT application doesnt it?

It wont be cancelled until you have accepted another offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

got through to the cao yesterday and ive been accepted for the computer science evening class in trinity :D

now i've just got to organize switching jobs, ill feel kind of bad handing in my notice here 'cos they're decent folks and it will cause them a little hassle but it has to be done if i'm to do the course. then i have to sort out a new job in the city center or on the luas line that is normal office hours 5 days a week, shouldnt be too difficult.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

When do you find out if you got one of the vacant places. I applied for four things online yesterday and I can't check to see if I've gotten one of them because it still only has the ordinary Round One stuff online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

when round two comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

DaveMcG wrote:
    Thanks :) UCD has no vacant places, it seems! Does that mean that points won't go down in the second round of offers?

It does now...

UNIV. COLL. DUBLIN(NUI)
    DN022 Arts (Modular Evening Course)

When are the second round of offers released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Friday.

Thanks I wasn't sure if it was Friday or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So if there is vacant places in my course which there is is it possible I could get it during second round? Or do I have to go to the college directly.

• Advertisement

If it's a CAO course and you've applied but didn't get it in the first round and you have the right points then you should get it.

Anyone else get a letter from the CAO today about maths courses. Just made my life so much easier. Can't wait til 6 in the morning.

Got a place on an LLB course. That's me sorted. yesss.

Advertisement