Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Ebay and Google mail problems

• 22-08-2005 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with accessing parts of the ebay.co.uk and gmail.com from IBB (I'm off the Greystones aerial) ?

All works fine from other ISPs...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah im having trouble with dell and ebay

on ibb in bayside

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gopher971

I've been experiencing issues for the last 2 days accessing google and gmail.

On Odlums.

Again working fine from other ISP's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Anyone know WTF is going on ? Im losing $$$ here !

Anyone manage to get through to IBB tech support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gopher971

Got through to Tech Support... did all the usual testing...disabling wireless router, disabling firewalls so they could ping etc.... pings went from 2900+ to 15 20 + ms...

10 minutes after getting off the phone with them and no config changes my pings shot back up to 2500+

I am able to resolve google and ebay now though...Curiouser and curiouser...

Still getting quite a bit of packet loss though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Probably the same issue I'm having.

Consistant drops of 40% or more to sites based in the US. Once it hits Their London providers it seems to go to hell, 62.231.52.x route to london 212.187.97.x packetexchange.net and other providers depending on where the packets headed.

Called em about it but nothing ever gets fixed. Really just keeping a log with them of how crap they are so I can try get my money back.

For the ones not having problems, thats great. Happy for ya.

For the ones who are, I feel your pain if you cant get anything else.... But ifyou can, what are you waiting for!?!?!???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

my service and speeds are good but this problem is still evident...

100% packet loss pinging ebay.co.uk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

gsand wrote:
    my service and speeds are good but this problem is still evident...

100% packet loss pinging ebay.co.uk...

eh that's because ebay don't allow pinging to their servers

Ah I see well that would explain that one

Still the same problem remains, its only on certain pages but always the same type in american based sites and forums for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Also on the Greystones mast and haven't had any issues what so ever with GMail or any other service for that matter. :confused:

Running GMail through Thunderbird as my main mail but haven't had any issues with the website either.

JanneG wrote:
    Also on the Greystones mast and haven't had any issues what so ever with GMail or any other service for that matter. :confused:

Running GMail through Thunderbird as my main mail but haven't had any issues with the website either.

OK, but you're accessing Gmail through POP3 and not HTTP.

Could you try sending a message from gmail from the browser ? Everything else on the gmail site works except the send command from the compose view.

I've tried from various browser/OS combinations on my LAN and the result is always the same.

• Advertisement

Well, guess what. My ebay and gmail problems have disappeared tonight - anyone else notice an improvement ?

On other note, I just got a letter from IBB saying I owe them money, this despite giving my credit card details to 2 separate people on 2 separate occasions over the last month.

Truly, muppets of the highest order.

Mine is somewhat fixed-ebay works again but still certain forum functions are fooked-ah well, better than nothing im off to 8meg unlimited in the UK shortly :)

Advertisement