Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most convienant way to little island?

Options
  • 22-08-2005 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am starting a new job in little island in Sept.
    Will be able to take the company van home after the first two/three weeks to use as the main mean's of transport to and from work.

In the meantime, i have arranged the use of relative's car. But on some days i may not have it due to fact that it is need by the relative.

Just curious how reliable or the trains? Anyone use them on regular basis.

The other thing is the traffic in the morns, What is the average time you spend in traveling.

My route will be from the south side, hiting the kinsale Roundabout, through the tunnell and down to little island.

Thanks,
    Corkie

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Hello

Best bet for the trains is get the earliest as possible. Do you know where the train station is from work? If you dont i advise goin down havin a stroll LI is deceptively large,and some of the walks even from the main rd to the end of the estates are big?
    For driving i can leave my house(The Lough) at 7:40 and be in work at 8:00 on the dot.Try hit the Dunkettle roundie before 8 before the gardai show up and start directing traffic(gets a bit panicky) - you know goin past Pfizer rather then heading up to the bridge is faster!
    Best advise again is do a trial run and time yourself - dont wanna be too late in the morn for you new job!

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks nukem. After posting I hoped on the train, to have a walk around and to see how far my new place of work was from the Train Station. It's within 5 minutes walk of the station. (Eastgate).

I am also from the lough area. So it's good to know it can be done in that space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

There's never a queue at Dunkittle heading outbound to Little Island, any time after 8.30 when I head that way. remember you're heading against the rush hour traffic, so it's generally lighter. In the Mornings, it better go up to the Off-Ramp at the train station that take the road at the tunnel into LI. Work in eastgate myselfm it's better to queue for a couple of mins at the ramp, than try get onto the tunnel roundabout.

I presume when you say eastgate, you mean where pfh is? 10-15min stroll from the train station, quite a few using that method to get out there.

And, when you're driving, watch out for the new speed ramp at the secuity hut between pfh and McAfee. It's more like a speed mountain, I've heard lowered cars getting beached there, *scrap*

Advertisement