Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strencom??????

• 22-08-2005 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

these guys sent me out a letter saying broadband will be avaible in claregalway soon.so i gave them a ring and they said that they can upgrade the exchange without eircom doing it?is this true.thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Strencom's a Cork-based wireless operator. A search here will turn up plenty of info.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I believe that the Eircom exchange was due to be upgraded by June this year but this has been put off by up to 6 months.
    There is no way that anyone would be allowed access to an exchange other than Eircom employees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is a LIE to state or imply that 'they' can upgrade an eircom exchange for eircom . They are bitstream (re?-) resellers and know that anyway.

These people sound like complete cowboys . Can you scan this leaflet and attach it please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

so they cant give me broadband they said it will be here on the 28th of sep.thanks for the advice i was about to sign up with them.i cant find the page they sent me sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If they can give you broadband on the 28th Sept, then it probably means that Eircom will upgrade the exchange by then in which case you can choose any of the Eircom resellers.

• Advertisement

no eircom are saying sometime next year

i was sent this by one of the people from strencom
    I presume that you are referring to the recent thread on boards.ie
    regarding Strencom's ability to upgrade your local exchange.

Strencom are a "Bitstream" provider. This means that your Telephone
    line will connect into a DSLAM operated by Eircom Wholesale at the exchange.
    At this point your DSL service will be switched to any of the current access
    seekers. I.E. Strencom, Digiweb, Netsource, Eircom Retail. It is then up to
    each of the providers to gear up and accept orders for that area.

Technically it is possible for any of the service providers to take
    orders for your exchange at the moment however some are not, for the simple
    reason that there sales departments do not yet know that this exchange is
    available to access seekers.

If you wish to proceed with your order you can submit your completed
    service agreement form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can order off Strencom then, or wait for the rest of the ISP's to start accepting orders!

Advertisement