Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ZigBee has been sitebanned for a week, ZigBee2 is permabanned. Creating duplicate accounts to bypass a forum ban is a nono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

How do you spot it? Obviously, when it's not as obvious as the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hundreds of ways of identifying someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Zigbee:
    The USI levy is optional. Nobody's obliged to join a union if they don't want to. In TCD for example a growing number of students are opting not to be represented by their students' union.

Student Unions engage in some very liberal politics and one does have to be careful where one signs their name these days.

So save yourself a few bob and opt out! You can always join up if you feel it necessary.

Dublinguy2004 (today, after Zigbee was banned!):
    Why should representation by the USI be 'mandatory'? I'm not paying any affiliation fees to any student union this year.

Students should be allowed choose whether they want to join a union or not. The USI have very liberal policies that many students may not agree with. One really does have to be careful what they sign up to these days.

Course, there's always IP addresses....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

EduCat wrote:

Course, there's always IP addresses....

Only if they're on a static surely? I'm convinced there's some secret way that they have though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your IP address doesn't change hugely. If theres the same guy acting the same way with a similiar IP address, it will be spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Unless he is smart enough to use a public proxy, luckily, this clown doesnt seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

im getting the same crap on my forum, but the idiot used the same ip address, so i have to ban the email of that user, but there will always be another way, so i have to keep an eye, at least here people can report to aid the admins and mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Right_Side

There is a guy on TCD board now coming with the same stuff as dublinguy2004 his nick is howdareyou http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=294294

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't say it's the same guy, though that's not to say they're not all part of a single group vehemently opposed to this thing.

I'll leave it up to the TCD mods. If I was mod there, everyone who started a new thread on the subject would receive a week's ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

seamus wrote:
    Can't say it's the same guy, though that's not to say they're not all part of a single group vehemently opposed to this thing.

With the same characteristic style. Initially, I assumed they were Gambino resurrected, but the spelling and grammar indicate otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Nice muppet patrol Myth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Their sparkling originality never ceases to amaze me. Incidentally, there's also a zigbee3 who I've banned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This may be another one (note join date): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=50119

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kika

also if there is any mods about could ya go to after hours and mod/delete the beheading thread. Its really sick and personally affects me and other people I know who post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

eh gads there is a netwhizzkid2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Matt, if im not mistaken;
    I've spotted a user called wetpisskid around, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

<_<
    >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Bunch of loosers hes doing no harm get over it and leave it be.

some excellent points have been raised by this person.

I'm up for the underdog.

Advertisement