Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mould (copy) of bumper / spoiler etc

Options
  • 22-08-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Ireland (Dublin pref) that does this?

If I ordered say a rare front splitter or skirts or something from Japan, does anyone know of a place (or person) that could make a mould of the item, with a view to reproducing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Its a custom job unless ye're talkin on a large scale. I dont think anyone in ireland does it, hence buying aftermarket fibreglass bumpers from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

The husband of a girl I work with does it... can try and get details if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

surely to make the mould profitable and more importantly cover your costs, you would need to be selling on a significant amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

kdevitt - that would be great if you could, I'd really appreciate it...

ciarsd - thats the point yea, its a business idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you mean for PVC work or similar, theres a crowd in Ballmena that do it, mould will cost I think about €2,000 and then its a few hundred per copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

www.fcautostyling.com

hes made some custom things for his own cars might be able to do what ur after if not he should know where u can get it done

Advertisement