Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling - Old Film Canisters. What to do with them?

Options
  • 22-08-2005 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Let's get the ball rolling... 2 ideas

Match stick holder - glued sandpaper to the outside of the film canister and lid - then place your stick matches inside.Now you have waterproofed matches & somewhere to strike them!

Use film canisters to make little people. Take the film canister and turn it upside down (so the open part is on the bottom). Then put the lid of the canister on the bottom of the canister. Glue an earplug to the top of the canister as a head. After you glue the earplug on the film canister glue the top to the film canister on the earplug as a hat. Then glue a piece of Styrofoam to the bottom of the canister and glue tiny pieces of paper to that as shoes. If you want to you can make a face and add hair (bits of string or you can color with a marker) to the earplug. You can also glue pieces of fabric to the canister to make clothes for the people and you can also decorate the hat. Make accessories and houses for the people out of other recycled materials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

cool idea Hank, must try that out when i get some film canisters! you must have a very creative mind, any other ideas you can share with us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

couple of really great ideas there Hank.

old film canisters are also ideal for bringing salt and pepper on picnics in.

OR, how about melting holes in the sides of them and using a staple gun to attach them to the branches of Christmas trees and then inserting birthday cake candles in them to make pretty decorations? not too safe I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

I use them for collecting and storing seeds from the garden.Keeps them dry and dark and no spillages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I store old buttons in them.

And, they're handy for nails and screws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭pukey

um not arty in the least, but there really handy for fishing tackle, hooks and swivels, that kind of thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement