Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT to UCD

Options
  • 22-08-2005 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of taking marketing in dit-the question is this. Can i go to 2nd yr commerce in ucd after one year? What are the requirements for being eligable? Is it hard to do? Im 5pts away from commerce so its very annoying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i emailed ucd about backdoor entrys into commerce and got this reply,
    all of the following may not apply to you directly, but im soooo lazy, hope this helps

I regret to inform you that there are generally no transfers between Faculties in UCD.

NB: In exceptional circumstances, transfers may be considered between similar courses from different Faculties (i.e. Science and Engineering).

In summary, applicants seeking transfer should:

(i) meet the appropriate matriculation and entry requirements;

(ii) have a points score sufficient for entry to the new course;

(iii) have passed the relevant examination of the year in UCD or their own College.

Alternatively, you may consider studying a Higher Certificate or Ordinary Degree course in Business Studies in an Institute of Technology and transferring on those bases.

It is possible to apply for admission to a degree course in UCD, on the basis of a Higher Certificate or Ordinary Degree.

Such applications may be made for admission to certain programmes in the following Faculties:

Agriculture Science

Engineering & Architecture Philosophy and Social Studies

Commerce

Application should be made using the official form, available on request from the Admissions Office, before 1st July preceding entry.

Eligibility

Applicants who have obtained, or who will obtain a Higher Certificate / Ordinary Degree with Distinction/Credit/Merit from an Institute of Technology in Ireland are eligible to apply for admission to an appropriate course in University College Dublin. Admission is at the discretion of the appropriate Faculty and subject to availability of places.

Exemptions
    Applicants with appropriate qualifications may be considered for exemption from some or all of the first year course.

Applicants for Commerce may be considered for admission to the second year of the degree course, where the content of the Higher Certificate / Ordinary Degree course is deemed to correspond to the first year university course in the appropriate subject(s).

Please forward your postal address if you would like to receive further information.
    Kind regards
    Úna
    Undergraduate Admissions Office
    Michael Tierney Building
    UCD, Belfield
    Dublin 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Basically, to summarise the above, if you don't have the points there is no way of changing.

Advertisement