Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi fares

Options
  • 22-08-2005 10:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like they are set to be standardised if the new regulator has his way.I don't use them much but one thing they could do is have a set fare from the Airport into the city...they have this in New York and it works fine.They should also bring out a minimum requirement for cars being used as taxi's,some of the cabs going around this city are a disgrace.

So what would you like to see done...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

To get a hackney to drive into Dublin, from Leixlip, pick me up, and drive back to Leixlip, it would be €30.

A taxi from Dublin to Leixlip, by hte books is €45.

Alot of taxi's, once you go beyond Lucan, charge whatever they like. People have gotten charged ober €90 for a taxi back to Leixlip, from Dublin. To get to Maynooth, this fair will go up even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Where can we find out anything about the Regulators plans?

He was appointed 12 months ago and still does not seem to have a website. :confused:

My fear is that the taxi drivers unions are cuddling up to Mr Deering hoping to persuade him to introduce loads of rules that end up discouraging people from going into the business so that their members will, once again be guaranteed queues of desparate customers.

TBH I don't care how lousy my taxi is so long as it is available when I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

the_syco wrote:
    To get a hackney to drive into Dublin, from Leixlip, pick me up, and drive back to Leixlip, it would be €30.

A taxi from Dublin to Leixlip, by hte books is €45.

Alot of taxi's, once you go beyond Lucan, charge whatever they like. People have gotten charged ober €90 for a taxi back to Leixlip, from Dublin. To get to Maynooth, this fair will go up even more.

little tip. get the cab from Dublin to drop you off at the salmon leap bridge. you're still officially in Dublin at that point. offer and extra €5 to the driver if he will drop you home. if he won't you can just get a cab in the village.

i have done this plenty of times and the driver will always take the extra fiver to drive an extra mile or two.

then again, i'd rather wait the extra few minutes for c-cabs to pick me up.

Advertisement