Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing Cheques in Post Offices?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I think this is the best place to ask.

First Question: I have one or two cheques from my weekend work, and there's no banks nearby my workplace, but there is a postoffice. Question: can I cash cheques in a post office?

Second Question: Can I lodge them into my AIB bank account through the post office, and how long would it take to clear? I've an agreement with AIB that the cheques will turn into money straight away (I think this is called an overdraft, don't know for certain, tho) so would I have to wait long for the cheques to be turned into money in my AIB bank account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Before I answer, do you work for Mossad? ;)

Here's the list of all An Post's financial services: http://www.anpost.ie/personal/personal_financial.html

Cheques normally take three working days to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

You can lodge a cheque but not cash them in the post office!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

damienom wrote:
    You can lodge a cheque but not cash them in the post office!
    I went in. I can lodge cash into my account through the PO, but not cheque's. The PO has a cash-only policy, it would seem.

Advertisement