Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Kurt Cobain murdered? Discuss.

• 23-08-2005 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Well, go on, what do you guys think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

His name is Kurt, Kurt. And more importantly, what do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

On the first album I got, it said Kurdt, so Kurdt it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Kurdt was a stage name he used, well, alter ego.
    regardless, your talking about the man and not his whatever else.
    The book "Who killed Kurt Cobain" by Tim Kenneally &
    Steve Bloom suggests enough to atleast warrent a further investigation but tbh, nobody shall really know considering its been 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Kersh wrote:
    Well, go on, what do you guys think.

Do you have a view?

Of course I do, I think He killed himself.
    The only semi convincing argument I have seen is the end of the suicide note is apparently not in his hand writing.
    I havent seen anything else to make me change my opinion that he killed himself. But there are many different 'murder' theories out there.
    What do you guys think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

in my opiunion Kurt was killed. Kersh you say about the handriting on the letter, if memory serves me correctly there is three types of writing and the only one that is really kurts is the main part. The end of the letter with the different hand writing is the only part of the letter that deals with death.

also just some quick facts,

Courtney had hired a drummer from another band (name escapes me at the minute) and already paid him to kill Kurt.

Kurt was planning on quitting music and divorcing Courtney as he had found out she was cheating. this would mean she would lose everything and not be entitled to any future royalities.

Kurt had three times the lethal dose of heroin in his system at the time of his death, yet he was able to roll down his sleves put his kit back in it's box put everything back where it was then pick up his shotgun and shot himself in the head,

there was more than one shell in the shotgun. why?

where he was found (the greenhouse was like a watchtower that could see most of the property's grounds. was the shotgun loaded for protection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

To clear things up:

It's either a) Kurdt Kobain (pseudonym, so... incorrect)
    or b) Kurt Cobain

Not a mixture. Pretensious, imo.

Anyway, to answer the question.. who know?? It's very fishy, but not fishy enough. I'd say the truth will come out though, just watch a soap for proof!

danniemcq wrote:
    in my opiunion Kurt was killed. Kersh you say about the handriting on the letter, if memory serves me correctly there is three types of writing and the only one that is really kurts is the main part. The end of the letter with the different hand writing is the only part of the letter that deals with death.

also just some quick facts,

Courtney had hired a drummer from another band (name escapes me at the minute) and already paid him to kill Kurt.

Kurt was planning on quitting music and divorcing Courtney as he had found out she was cheating. this would mean she would lose everything and not be entitled to any future royalities.

Kurt had three times the lethal dose of heroin in his system at the time of his death, yet he was able to roll down his sleves put his kit back in it's box put everything back where it was then pick up his shotgun and shot himself in the head,

there was more than one shell in the shotgun. why?

where he was found (the greenhouse was like a watchtower that could see most of the property's grounds. was the shotgun loaded for protection?

can you back up these "facts" for me with reliable sources please?

Yes, I would like to see some back up too. As I havent heard any of that. Iirc Courtney was 'involved' with Billy Corgan at the time.

As for the name, I spell it Kurdt, always have, and always will, ok. So yis better get over it. I know why he spelled it that way, and when, and that he changed it, but I spell it Kurdt, ok.

Well, tbh, it looks ignorant and like you're doing it to show off, with respect.

I didn't mean "to show off with respect" btw... I meant "to show off... no offense"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Well, tbh, it looks ignorant and like you're doing it to show off, with respect.

I didn't mean "to show off with respect" btw... I meant "to show off... no offense"...

Sterculelum,I haven't seen you have one helpful post in this forum.If your not going to add anything to the topic then don't post

Tbh

It was very helpful, imho. But hey, who's to judge? I don't see anything wrong with the above post. I was just asking him why he was deliberately calling someone the wrong name. It makes no sense. I don't see why you would purposefully add a technical spelling mistake to your vocab for no reason.
    If your not going to add anything to the topic then don't post

Thanks for the advice. I'll pass though.

Listen bud, contribute something. I spell harbor like this, not like this - harbour. etc. I just do, ok. I love showing off that I can spell Kurdt like this , I really do, its the highlight of my life so far... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: x 1,509,456

Fair enough, each to his own. It wouldn't do it for me... but what does that matter?

sterculelum, so he spelt his name wrong, it happens, stop being so pedantic and get back to the topic at hand

Beekay
    Leave the decisions on whether a post is valid or not to the moderators.

now put the handbags away, we will have no flaming here. thank you.

Fair enough.

But just to get the last word in... it was hardly a spelling mistake/typo... it was an intentional one. Just wanted to get to the bottom.

So... moving on... did he or didn't he? (Mr Cobain, i mean)

Thanks Billy, I was hoping you would chime in, :) .
    Anyhow, Ive looked up on the net, and can see no real motive for Courtney to have him killed. Why would she.
    I can see plenty of reasons as to why he commit suicide - personality, instability, drugs, depression, maybe caused by his inability to get back to his roots music wise.

Well they were pretty much on the verge of divorce. She seems a bit crazy. They weren't getting on at the time.

Ye, I suppose so, but surely divorce would have been good, but then again, maybe cos he came from a boken home he didnt want his own to break up.
    But then it wouldn make sense for him to kill himself, thus doing a worse job than his parents did before him.
    He probably got depressed on drugs one day, hit a low, and killed himself.
    But why the extra handwriting on the letter, regardless of what it was about?

@ Greenhell - your a moderator? and thats all you could contribute.. :):p
    Ah nuts , he deleted it, booo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

http://www.justiceforkurt.com/
    This clears up all if you care to read it. Its very interesting, and there are a lot of things that point to murder rathrt then suicide, but at this late stage its unlikely that anyone wants to reopen the case. Kurts friends are very reluctant to talk about it at all, not to mind having to go through the whole ordeal again.

Other interesting facts (taken from said website):
    There were no finger prints on the gun what so ever.

Kurt was not (contrary to common belief) suicidal. Kurt was not a user of Rohypnol , he also didn't drink alcohol. On March 4th 1994 in Rome, when he was on the verge of leaving Courtney and the tour he was on, he was suddenly hospitalized with these substances in his body.Kurt survived the combination of Rohypnol and Alcohol, and told everyone, including the doctors that it was not a suicide attempt.The prescription for this drug belonged to Courtney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I saw a great documentary on this subject, the imaginatively titled "Kurt & Courtney" .
    I think he also did a documentary on "biggie and Tupac" and the storey behind their murders.

That's Nick Broomfield. He does lots of controversial docos. He did ones on Aileen Wuornos ("Monster") and Heidi Fleiss too, and fetishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

If I was married to Courtney Love, I'd probably put the shotgun in my mouth in fairness.

Suicide.

John Lennon, now he was murdered, but in who's interests, that's the question. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement