Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDAE (Trad) Banjo teacher

Options
  • 23-08-2005 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I've recently bought a 4 string banjo, and whilst my little beginners book is getting me to a certain level, I'm finding its nowhere near the same level of progress as guitar, where I constantly hear guitar music and can find tabs for virtually any song. So, I need to get taught.

Are there any teachers in the South Dublin area? I'll head into Comhltas in Monkstown, but I'm really hoping for private tuition, and don't really like the idea of being in a class with multiple children showing me down :(

Anyone know of any teachers? (BTW I'm learning pretty fast as I've been playing guitar for 3 years, and find banjo MUCH easier to play fast)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulmcn888

hey-just saw your ad looking for banjo lessons-i am a banjo player since i was ten-Iv won 5 All Ireland medals and would definately be able to give you a hand. email me on paulmcn8@gmail.com and we'll see whgat we can do.

Advertisement