Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me....

Options
  • 23-08-2005 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Is Dragon wheelchair accessible at all?
    Been in the george a few times and know it is semi-accessible.
    iirc, the front lounge isnt in a big way lol
    As for the rest?

Next time your in a bar (gay or gay-friendly) would yall mind just thinkin "would I get a wheelchair in here?)......

Im thinking of rejuvinating my social life somtime and t'would be good to know lol ;)

b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

No, imho it is not wheelchair accesible. Considering that you have to go up steps to get in, and then go down, either a rather steep flight of stairs at the front or a rather rickety looking set at the back to get to the loo, its not v wheel chair friendly, plus it'd be a bitch to get around all the stools in the middle....

However the front part has a good bit of space-once you don't need the loo and theres someone else to get your drinks you'd be grand :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

For all intents and purposes, Dragon is completely inacessible I'm afraid - or at the very least, it'd be bloody awkward and undignified to get in . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

AFAIK there is something - I know that sounds very vague but I'll try and find out
    Next time your in a bar (gay or gay-friendly) would yall mind just thinkin "would I get a wheelchair in here?)......

will do - it was pointed out recently also that the wheelchair toilets in Gubu are used for other purposes :mad:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Suzybie

Dragon is not accessible. There is no entrance accessible at the front of the building. There is access down a lane way to the back part of the bar only. But one would have to try to tell someone at the front of the bar that you wanted to get in at the back and then you are limited to a tiny part of the place.

This is not access!

Friends of mine who are wheelchair users have used GUBU's toilets and had no problems - actually they were stunned that there was an accessible loo and the staff were very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OK - I stand corrected over the toilets in gubu

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement