Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online International Transfers?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a bank that will allow you to make online money transfers to other Eurozone banks? I'm with BOI and they will only let me transfer to other Irish banks online, for everything else I irritatingly have to go to the branch and fill out a form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

AIB allow you to do it over telephone banking but not online! I asked why one time and got the answer "security reasons". Funnily enough I can transfer to anywhere in the eurozone from my austrian bank account (for the same as a local transfer but that's another issue) using their online service.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

Bank of Ireland's Business OnLine service allows you to transfer to any other worldwide account. I think any body can sign up and it's free for the first six months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

I'm looking for something that is always free so BOI is out! That is interesting about AIB, i might sign up for an account since they seem to have a very good student deal. Do you just phone them up and tell them the account number? Is is possible to get an AIB account without the ATM card so I don't have to pay the government levy on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i never knew AIB can do that international transfer by phone. i thought it was only done by manual written forms at your own branch.

i found it is a lot easier transferring money from my home country to banks here... yes it is online banking and TT can take like 12-24 hrs. a low fee applies.

Advertisement