Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy (spoilers)

• 23-08-2005 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

So, what with getting his ass kicked by edge and
    losing to Rob Conway on raw last night
    ... I reckon he's gonna disappear for a while, return stinglike as some kind of avenging angel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wasn't that the plan for his original return? A kinda vigalante who sticks up for those who can't stick up for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I have a feeling Matt Hardy is gonna go on a downward spiral of losses whilst Edge continues to push main event. I hope im wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wasn't that the plan for his original return? A kinda vigalante who sticks up for those who can't stick up for themselves?

better than the hurricane i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Doubtful Donkey

I think Matt Hardy will be jobbing to Jeff Jarrett in the themepark by the end of the year, while Edge main events PPV's against John Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TimmyTurner

Matt Hardy invented the character of 'Angelic Diablo' - on his time away from wwe - it was supposed to be a 'the crow-like' character, who can beat all odds and seek out vengence - I personally never really liked it.

he said he came back to wwe on his terms - jobbing to conway must of been in his contract or something

• Advertisement

The 'Angelic Diablo' thing STANK.

And had Jeff Hardy's queer little fingers all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The 'Angelic Diablo' thing STANK.

And had Jeff Hardy's queer little fingers all over it.

tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Matt Hardy invented the character of 'Angelic Diablo' - on his time away from wwe - it was supposed to be a 'the crow-like' character, who can beat all odds and seek out vengence

he said he came back to wwe on his terms - jobbing to conway must of been in his contract or something

Hardly an original idea for a character, maybe he was watching a lot of mid 90's Sting matches when he "invented" this character.
    Good plan to try and push your career, create a character thats a ripping off a WCW character from 10 years ago.
    Personally, the heel V1 character was brilliant, one of the funniest characters of the last few years, and like Christian, could have been one of the top heel characters.
    Sadly, i think once the heat of his feud with Edge is gone, and it's already cooling right down, Matt may find himself in the same position he was in this time last year, hovering in mid card with no real direction.
    And i reckon "his terms" don't stretch much further than being promised he would'nt have to share a dressing room with Edge or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I hate to say this but I think HARDY could do with a manager?or at least another side kick he can use to blame his losses on?
    I can see him been beat down by edge again soon and taken off TV so he can get some of his indie bookings out of the way and then he can come back as his new character!

*also i think him and kane could be a pretty good tag team*

Oh I didn't mean it like that. Stop being so suburban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh I didn't mean it like that. Stop being so suburban

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

It seems obvious to me that Hardy screws edge out of his WWE Title. Edge cashes in his money in the bank title shot, looks like he is about to win (chair shot behind the refs back or something) and out of nowhere comes Matt Hardy to deny him the title and waste the money in the bank contract.

Then the crowd starts chanting, "You screwed Edge!".

DC wrote:
    It seems obvious to me that Hardy screws edge out of his WWE Title. Edge cashes in his money in the bank title shot, looks like he is about to win (chair shot behind the refs back or something) and out of nowhere comes Matt Hardy to deny him the title and waste the money in the bank contract.

Then the crowd starts chanting, "You screwed Edge!".

You might be right, but i hope not.

Firstly, because with Angle the new # 1 contender, if Edge does cash in the title shot over the next few weeks, it would most likely just be on Raw and a waste of what could be a good storyline between Cena and Edge, in my view anyway, and it deserves to be played out at a PPV considering it's a angle i n the making since WM.
    Plus it's very unlikely that Cena would drop the belt on Raw, and very likely that Matt would interfere as you said and cost Edge, and personally i'd love to see Edge win it. 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

from what i remember the MITB contract is only for the world heavyweight chapionship!
    so it cant be used for cenas title only for batistas!
    so i think we are gonna have to wait for the next joint PPV.

from what i remember the MITB contract is only for the world heavyweight chapionship!

Mmm, never looked at it like that , you could be onto something there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I don't think wwe are too bothered about those kind of details though, I reckon he'll use it against cena at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I wouldnt think too much about Hardy losin to Conway as it was surpose to add to the whole "Hardy will not die" gimmick aas hardy will keep fighting on and Conway gets a push from the whole thing. Matt beat Snitsky last week so i doubt he'll be a jobber imo.

Advertisement