Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most retarded BF2 servers in the world...

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

...are the EA UK ones. Bloody hell.
    Last night I was on one of the official EA UK BF2 servers. Never have I seen such a massive amount of morons in the one place. Between the plane whores (WAAAH MY PLANE) who try their best to destroy anyone who takes 'their' aircraft, the blind helicopter pilots, and the legions of muppet snipers, I will never play on a poxy ****ing EA official server again. They don't believe in ever having anybody with admin rights present to kick assholes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

they are good for ground war tho as the sheer number of noobs are good for easy kills.

multiplay.co.uk in general is fairly decent, stay away from the GSF server as they have a few muppet admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

I keep getting kicked by PB for some strange MAX_AMMO_MISMATCH error. Only happens on EA servers though. All other PB enabled ones are fine ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I was one some server last week, everyone was teamkilling everyone else.
    I suspected a lot of cheating/stat whoring etc. I lasted 5 minutes before I got too annoyed...
    If you are in a stupid server, just leave and find another...

Apart from the TIG Servers, the servers these guys run are pretty cool -
    http://www.black-dawn.co.uk/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Loved the TIG servers but my pings have gone from 40 to 140-240 with them in the last fortnight, ie unplayable. Been playing on the multiplay.co.uk diesel 64man server a lot since then. Tried an EA.CO.UK server a few times over the last few nights because I was trying to find some ranked servers to get to my next weapon unlock (only 8500 to go :rolleyes: ) and it was either plane/chopper whoring frenzy with people spending more time around the airbases fighting amongst themselves for the planes/choppers than attacking the enemy or I was giving up in frustration because of what seemed like a load of one shot kills from a distance with a pistol by a guy called skopje. One time the fecker killed me with a pistol while I was going full tilt in a tank turret. Could he be that good???

myself and ry had a great night last night as 2 spec ops raiding the USA base on clean sweep, we were behind enemy lines the whole round. we managed to take down everything they had and keep it down. very low scores but massive fun :)

also parachuting from high altitude and landing on target within 5 meters of each other and attacking a flag AND capturing it rocks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

I was on one of the offical ea servers this morning there awful.However all the kids on them make easy kills.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

jaggeh wrote:
    myself and ry had a great night last night as 2 spec ops raiding the USA base on clean sweep, we were behind enemy lines the whole round. we managed to take down everything they had and keep it down. very low scores but massive fun :)

This tactic seems to be very contentious ( is that how you spell it ?) . As commander it can be extremely annoying , but as commander I do deem it acceptable . I normally , on our own server with mates , have no problem with it as I can ask for help , but on any other server I find it funny when you get asked by ppl for a supply drop or uav overflight or arty and then get voted out when none of them could be arsed to try and defend the base .

Also when not commander I find it quiet satisfying to defend the base against a squad , they keep respawning , and I keep racking up the points , even better if you can get the commander to spot them for you , but you know anyway that they will be going for the main assets .

they were hunting us in a blackhawk for ages, one time i damaged the blackhawk and when it came in for repairs i ran out from cover behind it and lobbed a grenade into the crew area :D

we had our commander hitting the area with uav's so we could find their commander and keep him dead.

any time he dropped a supply crate to repair his own stuff we reloaded and just blew it up again.

our side won the map, a combination of denial attacks and good defense. if thats not how the game was meant to be played i dont know what is.

Advertisement