Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want reviewed?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Suggest an album you want reviewed and I'll do it. Has to be within reason and obtainable by me.

Alternatively we could do a panel of reviewers (3 would do it) - who could write submit independent reviews of the same album. Could be interesting for the contrasting views. Preferably individuals with divergent tastes.

Would be an interesting project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice idea! I'd be up for being on a panel to review an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah good idea. count me in.

i've got more mainstream tastes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ok fastest fingers. Basquille, quarryman and myself will review the first album. If other people express an interest we can rotate the squad for future reviews.

Now we need some suggestions for albums to review....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Arcade Fire - Funeral

OK - for the sake of a little bit of urgency. The first album shall be Arcade Fire - Funeral. I will contact my co-reviewers off-thread to ensure everyone can get access to this.

Keep the suggestions coming anyway - if we get a few we can set up a poll to choose the next album (should this be successful).

• Advertisement

Yep, that's fine for me!... can get it off a mate!

OK I pm'ed Lucutus about making a sticky. Haven't heard back from Quarryman yet but I think we'll say Friday morning at the latest to submit the reviews (via pm) and I'll post them all up at the same time on Friday.

Gonna give the album its first listen now :)

hope its good....

Am up in Dublin away from computer from Wednesday to Friday - won't be back til Saturday afternoon at some point.

Intend to give the album a good listen while i'm away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

WEEZER-make believe

Ah crap. Flying to Paris on saturday morning. I'm sure I'll be able to get to a computer at some stage though. We'll say saturday then.

• Advertisement

THEZAPPA wrote:
    WEEZER-make believe
    One at a time....! We'll take it into consideration!
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Ah crap. Flying to Paris on saturday morning. I'm sure I'll be able to get to a computer at some stage though. We'll say saturday then.
    Saturday / Sunday at the latest. Who do we PM reviews to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

THEZAPPA wrote:
    WEEZER-make believe

aghhh!

here's
    my quick review on that one.

i reckon I'll stick to funeral :)

basquille wrote:
    One at a time....! We'll take it into consideration!

Its fine - it can go in the hat for the next review. If there are multiple suggestions we'll do a poll.

basquille wrote:
    Saturday / Sunday at the latest. Who do we PM reviews to?

the idea behind the PMs is so that the reviews will only be posted once all 3 are completed. So it not in dribs and drabs. Its arbitrary who the PMs are sent to - but I'm happy for them to be sent to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

thanks all i needed to know!

yeh i agree it's not the best album they made but it's good i like it!

what about a frank zappa album you pick!

and if you say he is crap you dont know what music is then! :)

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Its fine - it can go in the hat for the next review. If there are multiple suggestions we'll do a poll.
    Yep.. good idea!
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    ..Its arbitrary who the PMs are sent to - but I'm happy for them to be sent to me.
    That's grand!

PS - worth mentioning that reviews need to be somewhat detailed.

basquille wrote:
    PS - worth mentioning that reviews need to be somewhat detailed.

Indeed. Its up to the person to a certain extent though - i guess there are different interpretations and ways to appreciate music. So we won't say we want 5000 words or anything - just try to put down as much as you can about your impression of the album - in your own style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Hey, I'd be up for some reviewing if any of the three drop out?

I'm mainly interested in punk, indie and a bit of metal but I listen to quite a lot of different stuff tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Indeed. Its up to the person to a certain extent though - i guess there are different interpretations and ways to appreciate music. So we won't say we want 5000 words or anything - just try to put down as much as you can about your impression of the album - in your own style.

I work as a reviewer and our guidelines are 300-500 words for an album, less for a single and more for a box set. It gives you plenty of room to critique but stops you getting too wordy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Super Furry Animals - Love Kraft

Sorry folks, my girlfriends grandfather died unexpectedly last wednesday week and its all been a blur since then. I'll do my best to get back on track with this review.

Basquille and Quarryman - please feel free to post your reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

How bout a review of The Horrorpops - Bring It On new album?? pretty please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Philippe Joly

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Suggest an album you want reviewed and I'll do it. Has to be within reason and obtainable by me.

Check the thread about the Guggenheim Grotto's debut album "Waltzing Alone"
    You want to review some good music, there you go...

Available from tomorrow in all good music stores ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tara Blaise-Dancing on tables barefoot

can we only suggest one at a time?...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Hey Reactor,

I would love to do a bit of reviewing. My tastes are very divers. My MP3 player has everything and anything on it...so let me know if there is a free space on the review panel any week :)

Cheers
    Robo

Advertisement