Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good players in Irish league (free, preferably)

• 23-08-2005 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

After months of gaming i decided to start afresh so started a game with the Irish and English leagues and took over Dublin City (start date feb 05)

Unfortunately, I have spent my €3k transfer budget and have little to show for it, except a 37 year old Paul Gascoigne, and Jason Gavin.

So if anyone has any suggestions where I should look, or who I should buy (for free), let me know, I dont want to get relegated! (currently 9th!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any particular positions you are struggling with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Kenneth O'Malley from Sligo Rovers is a great goalkeeper, he's saved my Sligo Rovers team more than once.

Will have a full list of my best (cheap!) players posted here tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

The best way to get good cheap players is use the filter and sort by attributes for people who cost £0. also bringing players in on trial that dont have a club can be good, you can get some pretty decent players that way. Also try loaning players from clubs in England, you should find some fairly decent players that way.

Also tactics will play a big part in it, not just the players you have. Hope you find some good players, let us know if you uncover any gems!!!! Good Luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

I'm going 5-4-1 because Dublin City arent exactly good defensively

But I managed to land Darryl Powell (Jamaica) who's doing alright, so looks like mid table obscurity... for now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Eddie Daniel Ortiz. Quality, cheap, and likes about 20p a week in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I`ve just started with U.C.D., I have all the main european leagues selected awith a normal database. Is that too small? I don`t think its enough if I want to be searching for players, what leagues and database size do you guys recomend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I got to champions leauge group satges two seasons in a row (and only about 3 seasons into the game) with Shelbourne in my last game.

The way i did it was to get the date that english clubs release players (End of may or so they release all there old/reserve players they dont want), all clubs do it on the same day...check a few premier leauge clubs transfers out>>last season, to get the date. I got some great players that way, as long as your quick. You can get really good youth players and ageing, but still great players (although aged players are more expensive wages.)

I got players like Ritchie partrige, michael-foley sheridan, taribo west, luke steel, willo flood, kasper schimecael, graeme stack, sylvan-ebanks blake, jerome thompson.....cant remember others, but loads of class players doing that.

Also, like somebody said already, do a search for attributes you need in a certain position, also using free as a set value, and you'll find some gems.

Also Jason Sherlock is on a Free at the start of the game, and is great in Irish leauge...very pacy, good finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Great value to be had in Guatamala!

Advertisement