Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda6 Diesel

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

anyone got any experience about the Mazda6 diesels in 120bhp or 136bhp form? Good car, bad car? give trouble or are they trouble free?

All comments appreciated, good and bad.

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I believe the 136bhp is the PSA 2.0 litre diesel as used in C5, Volvo S40, Ford Mondeo, Jag X-Type, etc. It's a good engine - smooth, economical and with plenty of punch.

I think the 120bhp is Ford's old turbodiesel - if they abandoned it, we should too :)

Mazda 6 generally is a nice car. Pleasant inside (if a little glitzy), decent handling and a reasonable ride. The looks border on the bland side, but so do most cars in this segment.

Reliability is good - my brother runs a petrol one and has no complaints at all (unlike his similarly aged Citroën C5)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

oh it's the PSA engine? didn't realise that. I know that engine pretty well. It's nice, have driven it in a few different cars.

It'd be the one to go for I'd say.

I believe Mazda's are pretty reliable anyway, so there shouldn't be any issue there.

I'm just adding this to my long list of potentials. The 530d is still top of the list if I can find one with the right miles, the right spec and at the right price. If not, I'll choose a lesser machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure that the Mazda 6 uses the PSA Hdi engines as I don't think Ford bought them from PSA until late 2002 by which time Mazda had already developed and launched the 6. I think the 120bhp and 136bhp diesels are all inhouse.

Tried to find some information about this on the net but no joy so far.

The 1.6 diesel in the Mazda 3 is a PSA Hdi engine alright.

As for issues with the 6, well one of my neighbours has a 2003 Mazda 6 136bhp version as a company car from new and it has covered over 80k and he loves it, only let down is that the interior plastics look a bit cheapish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PerryComo

I had a 130 bhp 2.0 diesel one. Brilliant car to go but then the b**ch started to drink oil. Brought her back to the garage but they didnt believe me so I sold her on..There are a 3 year warranty on them so any problem should be fixed

As far as I know there is a ford engine in the 130 bhp one too...

Advertisement