Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Round One Offers

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I did the leaving cert in 2002 and then did a PLC course in 2003 but had to repeat a subject as well , On the CAO I put down the PLC course and the subject I repeated thinking that the subject would be counted as my full leaving cert but it was not , studid I know. Anyway I went into CAO and told them they said they changed it but it is up to the college to check it for round two.I was wondering what are the chances of them checking it again and is there anything I can do?I got the points for the course so thats not a problem.

gob_smacked

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

not 100% sure what u mean,
    was it a fetac course that you were counting instead of lc points?
    Was it a problem that they didn't recognise maths when you re-applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

They counted the FETAC points instead of the leaving cert points.
    They did recognise the maths, but I didnt put down the first time I did my leaving cert . Its like i didnt do my leaving cert bar the maths .Could I ask the college to do something?

gob_smacked

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

talk to the college.
    Try to get onto whoever is in charge and not just a secetary.
    Ask can you go meet in person to explain the situation.

If you go in that will impress them and they will be more likely to look after you

Advertisement