Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks 2 go and I'm still homeless

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

well with two weeks to go I'm still homeless, might pitch a tent infront of engineering.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jacket

That will be impossible. The engineering chicks are dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

nice one jacket had to read that twice before i got it, 2nd year student looking for suggestions on where to put tent or find accom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Drop down to the SU corridor, we have a free phone+internet room set up that people are using to ring landlords/people offering digs etc, together with up to date digs/accommodation lists.

everytime i get to the list everything is gone, been on the phone solid for last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

zap wrote:
    well with two weeks to go I'm still homeless, might pitch a tent infront of engineering.
    You could probably get away with sleeping in one of the labs - in fact I've had many a good sleep in the 4th year project room!

• Advertisement

update well the tent idea is still looking very possible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Loads of places become available after college has started. Could you commute from anywhere for the first week? It's just a suggestion!

i suppose i cud commute for a week or two, why do places become available after college starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

People drop out, other people get offered places on campus and take them, people get a higher listed CAO choice in the 4th/5th/6th/7th... round and take it, there are loads of reasons. I commuted from Kildare town for the first week (which was pretty nifty, to be honest) and found a place to move into after freshers week.

Best of luck! :D

Advertisement