Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Umd

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before, but being a three letter acronym, the boards search was pretty useless. My local video shop is selling a bunch of old DVDs, 3 for 20 or something, all v.standard, but the poster advertising this has "to make room for new UMD movies".

It was my impression that UMD discs are specifically (and exclusively) for the Sony PSP. This place is a small local shop - I think they rent out PS2 games and they'd be behind XV in terms of volume and variety - so it makes absolutely no sense to me that they're dumping a load of DVDs to bring in a load of UMDs.

Have I got the wrong impression of UMD or is this just a case of some guy hearing another TLA and using it incorrectly?

Advertisement