Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episode 1x02 "The Train Job" *spoilers*

Options
  • 23-08-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

So what did everyone think of this Episode? I have to say I really liked it and the idea behind it. How many sci-fi shows do a "train Job" (ok so Brisco County Jr did) as an episode?

In this ep we get to meet "Adelei Niska" a complete physco with a fondness to torturing people.

We get to see two sides to Mal in this ep. the first side we see is that he cares about the "little fella", the people the alliance would walk over or not care about. The second is the Mal that doesn't care about the lifes of people that try to kill him.
    we see this when he tries to get Niska's man to go back to him with the half of the money. But the lad starts mouting off and Mal kicks him into the engin

Other than that. I liked the way the story played out!

What did you think of this episode? 12 votes

It was cunning, like a cunning hat
    0% 0 votes
    It was good, but got all bendy and shiny
    75% 9 votes
    It was ok, but it felt like I got smacked some
    25% 3 votes
    I'd rater be that lad in Niska's who was dead
    0% 0 votes
    Och! stop beating me with the Chain of Command!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

got to respect the chain of command :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Best of the early episodes in my opinion.

Neat story, well paced, good dialogue and a healthy dose of humour.

I'll probably get smacked for this but I can honestly see why the network broadcast this episode first (even though that was the wrong decision). As a piece of entertainment it's streets ahead of the pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Aye, the polit (as all TV shows) is there to introduce you to the people in the show. But in fairness the Polit was great as well. Still though. The network wanted something that put you more in the "thick of it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I liked the episode, although it was definitely one of the weaker ones. I don't think it would have made a good pilot though, there just wasn't enough time to introduce everyone properly. It did have some classic lines, such as:
    "Time for some thrilling heroics", and the chain of command one.

I preferred the original pilot. But 'The Train Job' was very enjoyable. And it had
    a great ending with the
    blue hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Great episode, Mal
    turning around and giving the cargo back when he found out what it was
    was such an unexpected twist, but really a great way to show his character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Very good episode.
    Mal kicking Claw (or whatever his name was) into the engine was classic

Advertisement