Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek bets

• 23-08-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Not taking a chance on any of the premiership matches midweek, too many difficult games to call (though if I had to, I'd got for Bolton to beat Newcastle and Villa to beat Pompey)

Likewise with the CL, ManYoo and the Pool odds aren't good enough to risk.

So I've gone for:

Ipswich, Reading and Sheff Utd all to win in the Carling Cup, @ just over 17-10 with PP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Villa to beat pompey and boro to beat brum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Spurs to beat Blackburn 2-0
    Chelsea to beat West Brom 1-0
    Villa Pompey 1-1
    Boro Brum Draw 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Portsmouth are terrible, I'd fancy Villa to beat them. Man City should beat Sunderland too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Likewise, Birmingham-Boro seems to be a model draw.

Chelsea and Wolves would appear to be bankers. Also, anyone looking to boost their online account for the evening kick offs should get on Lokomotiv Moscow, kicking off at 4pm at home to Rapid Wien. Or if Lokomotiv don't look like that much of a gimme, then lay Rapid. That's what I've done, hopefully boost the old war chest a little for the late games. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'm also on Lokomotiv Bateman, they were only 1/2 to win outright so I backed them at 2.05/1 with Vienna getting a 1 goal headstart, so if they only win by 1 goal I still get my money back. From reading the away leg report they seemed to dominate and only conceded from the penalty spot after having a man sent off. Also if you back on this on the Asian handicap on Betfair there is only a 1% commission charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Monaco @ evens --- Hamburg @ 4/1 --- Sheff Utd @ 1/3

Hartlepool @ 8/11 --- Liverpool @ 1/4 --- Leeds @ 8/15

Villareal @4/7 --- Fulham @ 11/1 --- Deportivo @ 2/1

€2 trebles - horizontal, vertical and diagonal.

Total Cost: €16

Possible return: €339.80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Healio wrote:
    Monaco @ evens --- Hamburg @ 4/1 --- Sheff Utd @ 1/3

Hartlepool @ 8/11 --- Liverpool @ 1/4 --- Leeds @ 8/15

Villareal @4/7 --- Fulham @ 11/1 --- Deportivo @ 2/1

€2 trebles - horizontal, vertical and diagonal.

Total Cost: €16

Possible return: €339.80

thats a pretty class bet, wouldn't be too surprised to see all of those teams except Fulham win! can you do that terble horizontal vertical diagonal thing at any bookies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fulham? :eek:

I wouldn't be so sure about Villarreal. Everton surprised me against Bolton, and Villarreal will be assuming they're already through. It looks a good bet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Fulham would seem to be the only dodgy element to that bet. Everton could beat Villereal, but I doubt it. whats the odds with Fulham in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

~Rebel~ wrote:
    thats a pretty class bet, wouldn't be too surprised to see all of those teams except Fulham win! can you do that terble horizontal vertical diagonal thing at any bookies?
    Course you can. Its just 8 trebles without writing them all out seperately. :)

Villarreal are a cert imo.

My bet on today's games:
    Brighton - 11/10
    Panathinaikos - 4/9
    Lens 4/11
    Partizan - 1/3
    Motherwell - 4/11
    Sheff Utd - 1/3
    Falkirk - 1/3
    Reading 4/9

All to win. :eek: Those are PP odds but €10 returns €157 with Ladbrokes. Don't usually do such a big acc. but I'll make an acception today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

My midweek bet is a €5 accumulator on aston villa, spurs, arsenal, and man city all to win
    return a fantabulous 106.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

evilhomer wrote:
    Fulham would seem to be the only dodgy element to that bet. Everton could beat Villereal, but I doubt it. whats the odds with Fulham in it?

Gotta have a bit of hope!! The two trebles with fulham are worth about 290 to the whole bet, otherwise its not really worth the risk, but hey thats why they call it gambling.
    ~Rebel~ wrote:

It technically called a union jack, but some idiot in a bookies starts tellin me i cant write them on a union jack docket, so i just write them out like that.

Advertisement