Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM05: Post your weird/exciting games!

• 23-08-2005 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any exciting games/strange incidents/memorable moments from FM05 saved that they want to post? I'm pretty sure you should be able to, the games are only 20k or so. I'll post a sample one here.

edit: OK, they have to be zipped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Don't have it saved, in work now so I wouldn't even have access to it.

But here's my memory of it anyways:

I started off as the Shelbourne manager for the craic. Trying to work my up. I was playing Inter Milan in the Champions League qualifier match in 2007. I managed to get a home draw which I thought was impressive. So it was all down to the away leg. The first half it was rip roaring 3-0 lead to Inter Milan, I was livid. I nearly just quit the game. But I made some half time changes and low and behold I won the game 3-4. I was estactic, family members thought I was being murdered I was screaming so loud.

And before any of you start this happened well before the infamous liverpool win over AC Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha, legendary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Was playing this afternoon, beat Arsenal 10-1 at home. Surprising since they have a rotation of Henry/Tevez/Nihat/Saviola up front. Not a match for my rotation of Adriano/Robinho/Podolski though!

Can you save matches a week or two (game time) after they were played?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

One of my more memorable games was back in CM2 95/96. I was absolutely useless at the game so I always had to play as Man Utd, and even then I'd only be able to manage a midtable finish, while my mate would win the league with someone like Villa.

Anyway, I bought Roberto Muzzi for a few mill and hoped his goals would fire me up the league. He scored about 3 goals in 25 games which wasn't quite what I hoped for. Somehow I managed to reach the League Cup final and played a fancied Arsenal team. It went:

1-0 Arsenal, 1-1 (Muzzi), 2-1 Arsenal, 2-2 (Muzzi). Second Half: 3-2 Arsenal, 3-3 (Muzzi).

90th minute: 4-3 United (Muzzi)... :D

lafortezza wrote:
    Was playing this afternoon, beat Arsenal 10-1 at home. Surprising since they have a rotation of Henry/Tevez/Nihat/Saviola up front. Not a match for my rotation of Adriano/Robinho/Podolski though!

Can you save matches a week or two (game time) after they were played?

Yeah just go back to the match and theres a save button there somewhere as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

My Chelsea team plays a lucky Wba in the semi final of the fa cup many goals and a superb fight back added to some shocking defending and goalkeeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Don't have it saved but playing as Shels, qualified for the first group stage of the Champions League, got drawn with Man U, AC Milan and some other team, greek lads i think anyways, first match away against Man U. Was 0-0 up to the 82nd Minute, when Wes Hullihan scored putting us 1-0 up, i was extatic, only thing was in the last 8 minutes Man U put four past my keeper, had to laugh tbh

Actually found myself shoutin for WBA there towards the end. Sensational goals to shots ratio for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

It was back in CM 95/96, I took over Cardiff and had taken them into the premier league. My success was based on an ok defence but mostly being able to always score goals. My first game was away to arsenal and I thought about going defensive but I said I'd attack them for the laugh. At half time I was 3-0 up! Went defensive in the second half and managed to hold them at bay. Was delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

When i was Liverpool and my friend was playing as Newcastle and i ended up beating him 13 v 1. I could not keep my smiles to my self.

• Advertisement

Was 3-1 up from the first leg at Tolka, in the CL qualifiers 3rd round, then this happened in the second.

That is why I love this game so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

World Cup Final 2014

Hosts Brazil play Turkey. I decided to include this generated clinical striker I picked up from fenerbache in the squad. Only 2 caps before the finals but had scored 36 goals in 33(9) and CL Golden Boot, 3rd Best Player and dream team in his first season for me at Celtic. Turkey are useless at penalties so if it came down to it I would have lost easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This game can be so unrealistic sometimes. Just look at this game with Liverpool beating me 5-3. My team were the poorest ever with the vast majority scoring only 5 rating.

And check out the goalscorers. Henry with 3 penatlies, Cisse with 5, such a poor reflection of realism..........

http://thedoc.owned.me.uk/FootballManager/cisseriot.JPG

such a poor reflection of realism..........

You mean 'reality' right? I don't think theres much linking FM and "realism"!

Games like that are very rare. Most of my seasons have had some funny games, but then again, if Marlon Harewood can score a hat-trick in the Premiership, Cisse scoring 5 shouldn't be THAT weird!

It's definitely the best and most real soccer game there is, and has come on leaps and bounds since the old-school CM days with double-figure results every week. Not that the old-school games weren't the best games at the time!

PS - Remember Martin Palermo missing 3 penalties in one game? Weird stuff does happen in soccer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my post was sarcastic as to cisse scoring 5 goals, cause he is muck and a brutal player and fm has him brillaitn =d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Most fantastic match ever. Play-off semi final second leg as hull at home to wolves. lost the first leg 4-0 and a monumental game in the second leg.

Played 3 up front and was 3-0 up at half-time. then went to 5-3 but 3 goals in last 15 mins won it for us

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

How do I save one of my matches?

Anyway I recently played a Champions League Final
    Juventus Vs Milan in 2009
    2 all deep into injury time when Gigi Buffon takes a looooooonnnnngggg goal kick - Dida comes to meet it, ball bounces goes over his head and into the net! What a sweet way to win the Champions League.

First time i've seen a goal scored by a keeper from a kickout :)

Though i do remember one other seriously weird goal.
    Villa V Chelsea, with me Villa of course
    Anyway Sorenson has the ball at his feet with no-one around when suddenly Drogba runs back onto the pitch from behind my goal after being injured, proceeds to disposess Sorenson and slot it in the net.

I was gutted! but even more gutted when I realised that I din't know if this was legal or not. Would be a stupid referee to allow him to return at that point but is it possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Saw that happen on telly a few years ago. I think Coventry were involved.

Weird goals, Inter versus Marseille, Barthez is out near the edge of the box, tackled by Diego Tristan (5 million wasted...) and a goal... Deja vu...

Obafami Martins scored for me from the halfway line too...

kencleary wrote:
    How do I save one of my matches?

There's a "save match" option on the main match screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Saw that happen on telly a few years ago. I think Coventry were involved.

Weird goals, Inter versus Marseille, Barthez is out near the edge of the box, tackled by Diego Tristan (5 million wasted...) and a goal... Deja vu...

Obafami Martins scored for me from the halfway line too...

I got vincent Kompany to score on my side pitch in the circle. It was a free kick and he just slamed it into the net from there. There keeper was on the 18yard line of his box and just watched the football go by.

Also got my keeper to score. he kicked it out of his hand on the 18yard line and the ball just bounced over the keeper at the other end and goal. Now is that just stupid or what ??

• Advertisement

BadCharlie wrote:
    Also got my keeper to score.

I like the way you put it! As if you told him to shoot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

2nd leg in an Italian Cup tie. My Parma team are 4-0 up from the first leg at home, so i decide to rest some of the big names.

I would place this in the "Very Lucky" category... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ROFL! Thats quality! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    There's a "save match" option on the main match screen.

Yeah but where does it save them to? I can't seem to find the saved games anywhere in the directory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

In the directory ..../User's Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2005/matches

Advertisement