Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Problem getting online through one profile.

• 23-08-2005 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My friends computer won't let her get online. This only affects her profile though, under anybody elses they can all use the net grand. Does anybody know what could be causing this? I saw a fair bit of spyware programs on it, so I'd say that could be the cause..

Any help much appreciated!

Wes

P.S. I think it's Eircom Broadband..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

some forms of spyware can affect internet explorer and stop it working :mad:

have you tried downloading Spybot S&D and AdAware under another profile and running that on hers.

EDIT: what antivirus and firewall are being run on the machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Wez wrote:
    Hey,

My friends computer won't let her get online. This only affects her profile though, under anybody elses they can all use the net grand.

If its only effecting her then i'd say its down to a firwall setting as spyware would generally effect all users equally. The other thing is was it working and only recently stopped working?

Advertisement