Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop questions

Options
  • 23-08-2005 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I've taken a place in Actuarial and Financial Studies and have just received info telling me that I don't need to purchase a laptop until 2nd year, but that I may avail of the offer now if I wish. In this course, do many people bother purchasing a laptop for 1st year? What would the uses for a laptop be in 1st year and is it worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wouldn't bother using UCD's deals to get one... You can get better ones cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Hi Kate,

Im a final year economics and finance student... in first we do most of the same classes as BAFS and we to were told we could avail of the laptop offer but it wasnt compulsory until second year. To be honest you really dont need one in first year and the UCD special offers are far from the best around. You wont really be based in the quinn school all that much in first year more likely a combination of the Arts and Science block and neither are all that friendly for laptop users. Give it a couple of weeks into term and see if you think you'd benefit from one and if you want one remember to shop around.

P.S Well done on getting into the actuary course im sure you'll have a blast. :o)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

only thing id say (i'm in Eng where they're not compulsory at all) is that if you want to install your own stuff, keep your own mail etc. on your pc you can get very attached to a laptop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 timcraft.tk

Hey Kate, I'm also going to do that course too. Did you recieve a letter about staying in UCD for a whole week next week for Orientation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Kate_17

Hi there, I didn't get anything except laptop stuff. Something might come tomorrow as I accepted yesterday...

• Advertisement
Advertisement