Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone could help me? bt broadband 2 months waiting!

Options
  • 23-08-2005 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello, We are a spanish couple that arrive dublin two months ago, we rent a house and we sign for bt broadband services at the end of june...

After dozens of calls -bt never returns us a call- giving then credit card details and making complaints, bt are not taking any responsability of their errors. we dont know what to do...

In spain broadband is cheaper, there are a lot of companies and the customer service is much better... We dont believe the actual situation of the irish broadband services, could anyone help us?

How could we make a public complaint?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Hi,
    Sent an email to complaints@esat.com , if you here nothing back within 2 days come back here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 javito

thank you!!

but we have already make a complaint to bt ireland last week, after this complaint we call them and they told us that we would have broadband this wednesday today bt ireland has phoned us -the first time in all this long process- and have told us that we will not recieve broadband until the first of september...

We have paid 3 months of phone rental beacause of bt ireland -we only want adsl not phone- and bt ireland doesnt recognize any of its mistakes, could you help us?

thank you again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

javito wrote:
    We have paid 3 months of phone rental beacause of bt ireland -we only want adsl not phone- and bt ireland doesnt recognize any of its mistakes

That is very correct. BT Ireland is a customer service and billing disaster.

We have send our complaint to the Office of the Director of Consumer Affair. I have been searching in internet and I found that many people have been suffered the same problems with bt during this summer...

I am very upset, I am start to think that bt doesnt care about my problem beacause we are foreigners and we dont speak a very good english, I will continue with this until we found a solution. Bt has lied us many times :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Don't feel bad Javito. As Sponge Bob says - BT do not discriminate - they give bad service/billing to everyone.

Anyway your English is better than that of many of the locals knocking around boards.ie! ;)

Stick with it - hopefully you will have BB in a week and then you should continue to demand 3 months refund. If they do not compensate you within a few weeks there is a mechanism called the "Small Claims Court".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

javito wrote:
    I am very upset, I am start to think that bt doesnt care about my problem beacause we are foreigners and we dont speak a very good english, I will continue with this until we found a solution. Bt has lied us many times :mad:

They refuesed to cancel my BB for 2 months. I had to call twice a week, I had e-mail proof etc. When they refunded me they refunded the wrong amount. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

javito wrote:

This is not true!
    95% of Irish people online lose (or never have had) any understanding of punctuation and write really long sentences that go on and on and you need to pause to catch breath reading the ****e and then refocus on what they are actually trying to find out and find out if there is actually a semi coherent point within the ramblings you know what i mean

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You forgot to add "lol".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Javito, where do you live? There might be other broadband options available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 months - at least your line passed the test, two years since the exchange was enabled and still no sign of broadband. I wish you luck

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the answers!

I live in ranelagh Dublin, BT is the only choice -apart eircom and their abusive prices- cable and wireless broadband are not avilable in ranelagh at this moment...

smart telecom is offering broadband that is not working yet, imagine.ie has the same prices as eircom....

Ireland is in a really weird situation, I found that in the south there are some cable operators that are offering 9mb! of broadband conection and here in Dublin 6 is imposible to get 1mb dsl broadband!!

hello again, we have just recieved this email from bt:

"Thank you for your contact and for bringing your concerns to our attention.
    Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of BT for any
    inconvenience that may have been caused. As a valued customer I appreciate
    your feedback.

I can now confirm that this issue has been investigated and addressed
    through the relevant departments. Although this does not change your
    personal experience we would hope that this issue would not arise again.

A per today's conversation, your broadband target live date is the 1st of
    September and your calls and line rental will be activated around the 10th -
    15th of September.We apologise for the delay in processing you orders.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies for this matter. You are a valued
    BT customer and I hope that we can continue to work together in the future.
    If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate
    to contact me directly on <.cg snip> or our customer care department on
    1904."

That's incredible, I have to wait until 1st of september when they told my last week that I would have internet today! so I have to pay 3 months of eircom line rental 75€ because bt continous mistakes!! That's the solution that they offered me, to wait whenever they want?

I work as web designer freelance and I am losing money and my clients confidence as day passes because of BT, What could I do?

Thank you

I'm pretty sure Clearwire is available in Ranelagh and does not require a phone line. Their site isn't up to much but call them. www.clearwire.ie. They haven't launched properly yet but the service is live and you'll get to try the service for 30 days for free. It's about €40 for 1Mbps and €50 for 2Mbps or something of that order.

Actually, just found their flyer. It's €39.95 for 1Mbps and €49.95 for 2Mbps. I have a name and number as well: Alan Ryan, 086-3999000. He'll demo it for you to make sure it works. No harm in checking it out. If it works to your satisfaction you can tell BT to sod off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Blaster99 & javito ... I've edited your posts to remove personal contact details that I couldn't readily verify are publically available. If you've a URL to the publication of these details, or have some form of explicit permission to publish them, please let me know and I'll undo my edits.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

javito wrote:
    Thanks for all the answers!

I live in ranelagh Dublin, BT is the only choice -apart eircom and their abusive prices- cable and wireless broadband are not avilable in ranelagh at this moment...

smart telecom is offering broadband that is not working yet, imagine.ie has the same prices as eircom....

Ireland is in a really weird situation, I found that in the south there are some cable operators that are offering 9mb! of broadband conection and here in Dublin 6 is imposible to get 1mb dsl broadband!!

There's also UTV if you're out of other options... You'll have to pay somebody line rental for that though (has to be bought with voice).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

cgarvey wrote:
    Blaster99 & javito ... I've edited your posts to remove personal contact details that I couldn't readily verify are publically available. If you've a URL to the publication of these details, or have some form of explicit permission to publish them, please let me know and I'll undo my edits.

.cg

Not sure if its relevant, but their sales guys have their work mobile numbers on their business cards that they hand out freely. My account manager / sales guy has insisted that I give out his information to others as they want to boost sales and even gave me about 10 of his business cards to hand out to ppl that might be interested. I can scan and post an image if needed.

However, sales guy info withheld until clarfication is confirmed.

I got the name/number on the flyer. I'd say the guy doesn't mind some business, but whatever you guys are into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Blaster99 wrote:
    I got the name/number on the flyer. I'd say the guy doesn't mind some business, but whatever you guys are into.
    Works for me .. details restored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

javito wrote:
    hello again, we have just recieved this email from bt:

"Thank you for your contact and for bringing your concerns to our attention.
    Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of BT for any
    inconvenience that may have been caused. As a valued customer I appreciateyour feedback.

I can now confirm that this issue has been investigated and addressed
    through the relevant departments. Although this does not change your
    personal experience we would hope that this issue would not arise again.

A per today's conversation, your broadband target live date is the 1st of
    September and your calls and line rental will be activated around the 10th -
    15th of September.We apologise for the delay in processing you orders.
    ..."

That's incredible, I have to wait until 1st of september when they told my last week that I would have internet today! ...

Javito,
    I can understand your anger at the delay.
    IMO BT reacted honourably with their apology and I'd suggest to look forward to getting a proper and reasonably priced dls connection.
    40% of us, including myself, are in the far less favourable position of having no prospect of getting dsl in the near future, because the incumbent decided it was much more profitable to keep us on expensive dial-up for as long as our dopey regulator/DCMNR would allow them to do.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Something needs to be done about BT Ireland they're an utter disgrace. I cannot understand how they can be so incompetant.

They continued to charge us line rental for lines we didn't even have for over 12 months. We had to threaten legal action against them before they woke up and sorted it out.

We've had other billing problems like direct debits not going through because they'd keyed in the incorrect account number etc etc.

I suggest that you contact their HQ in London and explain the entire situation. BT Ireland's an absolute disgrace and I think perhaps BT UK should be concerned that as they're now trading as BT!

Perhaps forward a copy of the apology to them too.

Chorus were ripped apart for similar billing disasters.

You should call Joe Duffy ... I'm not kidding.. they need to be ripped apart over this it's totally unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

BT Plc
    Group Marketing,
    81 Newgate Street,
    London,
    EC1A 7AJ
    UK

I would suggest that you put your entire experience on paper and send a copy of the letter they sent and any bills.

Explain that you think the company's Irish subsiduary is wrecking BT's brand name in Ireland etc etc and be as angry as necessary on the letter!

Broadband services available in Ranelagh:
    DSL:
    eircom.net www.eircom.net
    digiweb : www.digiweb.ie
    imagine : www.imagine.ie
    UTV : www.utvclicksilver.com
    BT : www.btireland.ie

There's a full list available somewhere perhaps someone could link it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ben.verwaayen@bt.com even CEO BT PLC

andy.green@bt.com Chief Executive of BT Global Services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jktiling

Dear member,
    Please take the time to read the above mentioned post on Telcowatch.
    I am compiling a list of complaints about BT Ireland for my forthcoming court case against BT. I was hoping that I could use your post to add weight to my case as to the disgraceful way that it treats its customers or potential customers.
    I can assure you that all information will be handled in confidence (unlike BT) and I will keep you updated on the outcome.
    I can be contacted at jktiling@hotmail.com

Thanking you in advance
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I think it would help if you told us what happened to you.

Advertisement