Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing images from the web

Options
  • 23-08-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any javascript/php/etc function that allows a user to print off an image or a page of images, without the automatic insertion of the header and footer information

By header I mean page name in the left hand side and right hand side the "page 1 of whatever"

And by footer I mean the url of the page in the bottom left corner and the date in the bottom right

I have googled this, but have had no joy in tracking anything down that could do this

Does anyone have any ideas what paths I should be going down to achieve this?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is this not a browser thing?
    Are you wanting this for yourself or for a site?
    If for yourself, then go file >> page setup

A quick google revealed this...
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread15531.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Yes it is a browser thing, but it appears aswell that you can control the specific headers and footers through CSS - when creating a printer friendly page

However any bits of code I have come across simply refuse to work - each ones claims that when inserted using the @media print {} that you can remove header and footer - this is not so.

I was trying this out purely as a bit of fun, etc - thats all

This is what I have been searching on Google

Update:
    Furthermore this site pretty much stomps on my idea. Kbannon, cheers for your link aswell

Advertisement