Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv/fm tuner card

Options
  • 23-08-2005 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

i bought a honestech tv/fm tuner card new on ebay-it uses bt878 drivers-can receive crystal clear audio on fm -clear picture on tv but the tv audio is just interference-nothing else.
    i have scoured the web and found no solution-there are no new drivers-changing from line- in to mic has no effect.
    i connected a cats ears and direct from cable-no difference.
    any suggestions would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Depending on which country the card came from, the tuner may be unsuitable for Ireland. If you look on the card itself, can you see any mention of PAL I or PAL B/G etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

you also need the right freqs for the tv channels in ireland - tune in a channel on your normal tv and take note of the frequency and band. Then tune the card to the same freq and band (with the same signal source of course)

I think you should get a picture, at least, even if your card is PAL B/G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

thanks for the replies-it is allegedy a pal_1 card-it is possible to fine tune each channel but still no sound only noise on tv channels.
    philips tv for sale-very witty-being a man i have to solve it-
    on a related topic-on one of the several attempts to solve this i noticed that i had no sound at all on the computer-checked device manager noticed a yellow sign-beside one of the audio drivers-tried to find a solution(for the yelloe sign) spent about 4 hours at this before it dawned on me that one of the speakers had fallen off the pc table and in the process had switched itself off.
    always look for a non technical solution first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

If it really is PAL I, then it should be OK. If it was any of the other types of PAL tuner, you would have picture and no sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

Zaphod-thanks i suspect that it is the problem-cheap card-solution i realise is to spend more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Can also be the driver. MSI cards have this problem. Sometimes the driver has to be reloaded before the sound decides to work (and it only works properly with certain brands PVR software)

Advertisement