Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative......?

• 23-08-2005 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Ok so im pretty pissed off with Creative at the moment i've had two Nomad Zen's and the first broke outside warranty so i paid them €90 for a replacement in Jan which inc. a 6mth warranty. Now 7 mths later teh display on the new ones screen is gone and they have tried to help me fix it but nothing has worked and if i want them to fix/replace its gonna cost me €145 which i'm not prepared to give them. So i'm looking for a new player any advice? I'm tempted by an ipod but also worried by them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

well as far as i know, hearing from people and all, ipods are a lot worse.
    I don't know what you can do, though creative are not as bad as a lot fo companies, if its within warranty they usually send you out a brand new one with no questions (thats from us now, a retailer) we simply send backa nd they send new one.
    Its the creative zens we deal with but surly its not just 6 month warranty? I thought it was 1 year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Yeah you would think with it being a new machine that you get a 1 yr warranty but they told me yesterday it was only 6 mths!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

If you buy a new one you have to get a 1 year warranty.
    If you buy a refurbished one, you get a 6 month warranty.

I have a Creative Zen Micro. I've RMA'd it twice for the same problem (headphone jack) but that isn't a problem with the new Zen Micros.

I've used the 20gig Zen, the iPod, iPod mini and the Sony 20 gig player and the Zen Micro is still my favourite.

I'd look into the iRiver players though. I've heard nothing but good things about them, plus you get direct encoding if for example you wanted to copy a song from a cd onto your player without a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

I like the micro but i'm so reluctant to give creative any more of my money! The iaudio X5 and the ipod are what i'm looking at. Does the ipod have as many problems as are talked about i.e battery life, hard drive probs etc. I wouldn't be using it for anymore than 5 hrs max a day but i'm worried that on the ipod mini site it says something about limited no. of cycles and battery may have to be changed( how much?)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

All HD Mp3 players seem to be pretty fragile. I say buy what you want but get an extended warranty to cover you for 2-3 years. Just like you would a laptop. I just bought a Micro, but I got an extended cover with Argos. The first unit I got broke within a day. The 2nd one has last 3 weeks so far. But I expect it will break. My old Sharp MD is still going after 3-4 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement