Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to Forget About The Start of School?

• 23-08-2005 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm just researching an item for radio and am trying to compile a list of the best ways to forget about the start of the new school year. Any ideas you can all contribute would be appreciated - be as inventive and crazy as ya like with them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hard drugs.

I'm kidding.

...Don't do drugs.

Uh. Keeping busy is good for fogetting. I have so much stuff to do I've barely even registered I'm going back next week in exactly 156 hours... wait....

The internet also. The internet solves everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hah, jesus man, don't count the hours :) that'll drive you nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I actually just worked it out a moment ago for the purpose of that post. Was surprisingly easy... but nah, I wouldn't be counting... ... only 9355 minutes now... I mean, yeah. Of course not. I'm not obsessive or compulsive or disorderly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i miss school :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

erm, madness. JUST GO MAD.

caffeine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Soft drugs.

Hookers.

Caffeine.

Yore ma.

SWEETIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Drink drink drink until the cows come home. I recommend Koskenkorva and Loop de Loops(yes the ice pop) :rolleyes:

But on a more serious note. I am not busy, I do nothing and somehow school is just surpressed :eek: ... I know. I Just don't think about it. Dont look at the news cause its all CAO applications cr*p at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Eh, might I suggest public nudity as a distraction from all your problems, and an answer to most? The cold takes ones mind off things something fabulous.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Simple. Lose all track of time!

I don't even know what day it is, let alone what day I'm going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 byatch

The easiest way to 4get is just not to be concious for most of it! Just sleep, sleep then eat then keep sleeping and hide all of your school stuff so u can't see it!

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Simple. Lose all track of time!

I don't even know what day it is, let alone what day I'm going back.

I am the same :p...I never know anythin regarding time anymore. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Ah, the real best thing to get your mind off things is to have lots of other things to look forward to in the meantime. That way, you don't have time to worry, you're just busy looking forward to something, or doing something, or eating something....Now I need another cookie.

Edit: That was one GOOD cookie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

lol I dont mind going back to school that much but I am a bit worried about my JC results =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Really? I can't wait to go back, but that's just because I'm (taking the lazy way out and) doing TY!

*MmmPie* wrote:
    Really? I can't wait to go back, but that's just because I'm (taking the lazy way out and) doing TY!
    But arent you forgetting the rest...getting up early. Actually seeing a clock at 8 AM!! :eek:

But arent you forgetting the rest...getting up early. Actually seeing a clock at 8 AM!! :eek:
    Thanks for reminding me! More like 7:30 for me, and for the past three months I've been getting outta bed at the crack of noon....Damnit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Stop trolling the main-stream media please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Just treat every day like a weekend, go out at night, hang out during the day with your friends and of course, lots of intrawebnetting.

Solitaryman666: Helen Brodigan teaches in your school right? Tell her Hey from Liz (Helen's RA group session 2,)

Victor wrote:
    Stop trolling the main-stream media please.
    The what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Don't think of school starting, but think of it as "one less day to the end of it"

Advertisement