Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL signal still on the line

• 23-08-2005 8:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In spite of cancelling my bb with UTV last June and UTV apparently not cancellling it with Eircom until the 26th July I still have a dsl signal on the line. tThis is obviously holding up things with my transfer to Smart so I was wondering if anyone here who has experienced similar problems has any information regarding contacts in Eircom with a view to speeding up its removal. (How ironic we cant wait to get it in the first place and then we cant get rid of it quickly enough! :rolleyes: )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Call up utv and yell at them, then get a cancellation number from them so then you can go hassle eircom saying this is my canellation number from utv so take DSL off my line damnit.

I think that should work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

TimTim wrote:
    Call up utv and yell at them, then get a cancellation number from them so then you can go hassle eircom saying this is my canellation number from utv so take DSL off my line damnit.

I think that should work.

I have a cancellation number from UTV for the past week but the signal is still on the line. what I want to know is who exactly to hassle in Eircom

dub45 wrote:
    I have a cancellation number from UTV for the past week but the signal is still on the line. what I want to know is who exactly to hassle in Eircom

Generic response #185

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

TimTim wrote:
    Generic response #185

phil.nolan@eircom.ie

I wonder if Bill Murphy and Phil ever consoled each other over a pint over all the emails they get from Boards people? :rolleyes:

dub45 wrote:
    I wonder if Bill Murphy and Phil ever consoled each other over a pint over all the emails they get from Boards people? :rolleyes:

Rumour has it they print it out, stick it to the wall and play darts with it while laughing manically while wearing smoking jackets and fancy cigars from the line rental we pay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement