Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Peel day

Options
  • 23-08-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/johnpeelday/

John Peel Day - October 13th
    The very first John Peel Day will take place on Thursday October 13th. The day will be a celebration of John's life and massive contribution to music and broadcasting with as many venues as possible staging gigs across the UK under the banner of Peel Day.

humm diddly humm. i wonder will there be irish goings on to do with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I wonder will kids get a day off school for this. Maybe the banks will close.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Well as long as I get the day off for it then I'll be happy :D

Hope there is some stuff going to happen over here for it. Would make for some very good gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

alos.. court do sittings on thursdays.. and that would be one of the first ones in october...which may mean the court case zed vs bci will be sorted so that could prove great fun.. the 2nd phantom get the licence party/john peel day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crumb

A John Peel Tribute day will be held in The Hub, Temple Bar, Dublin on Thursday 13th October.

A full list of bands playing will be announced shortly. All music on the night will be played by Leagues O'Toole, Joss & Dudley (Dudley Corporation) & Emmet (House of Mexico)

All money raised will be donated to charity chosen by The Peel family.

It would be great if more events can be held around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

crumb wrote:
    A full list of bands playing will be announced shortly. All music on the night will be played by Leagues O'Toole, Joss & Dudley (Dudley Corporation) & Emmet (House of Mexico)

Sorry to ask (excuse my ignorance) but who or what are Emmet (house of mexico)? Could somebody explain as I'm a bit lost? Sorry! :confused:

PS Good luck with the gig! Hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

House of Mexico are a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The man was a legend dispite only hearing his show a dozen times the number of my favourtie bands he championed is massive. I once saw a list of his all time top 50 I had 46 of them I was inpressed.

Advertisement