Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to raid a rave!

• 23-08-2005 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,584 ✭✭✭✭

Originally posted over in music/radio by Mike 65. Thought it was more suited to this forum.

Crazy sh!t right here

video - http://fatbaron.com/fascism.wmv

Utah RAVE Raided by SWAT Team
    Monday, August 22, 2005

The “war on drugs” took on a literal meaning this past weekend when SWAT Team agents in full military combat regalia stormed a RAVE an hour outside Salt Lake City, Utah. Covered in a recommended blog on Daily Kos is a firsthand account detailing what transpired at the event on Saturday, August 20, where military soldiers swooped on the crowd of about 1,500 people in the Spanish Fork canyon. The event’s promoter claims to have attained all the necessary permits to host the RAVE and even had an insurance policy of 2 million dollars.

Discussion thread from partygoers

http://www.utrave.org/showthread.php?t=20020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thats some crazy stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Fuc*in scum treating Ravers like terrorists,i first seen this on Sunday forgot to post it on here,an absolute disgrace in this day and age this sort of thing still happens,freedom to party..FU*K THE POLICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

leaders of the free world my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Guns, terrorists and serial murderers don't kill people, ravers kill people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Its the only justice these type of people understand.

Its just like the Russian police, stern but fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

ok this one is soft! take a look at the czech version!

http://www.techno.cz/party/report/2005/0730czechtek_t-rex/index12.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Id love to give these copper bast***s a taste of their own medicine,disgusting :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

i defo saw osama in the background, the police did a good job.

i hope they take all the ravers to guantanamo bay for a couple of years torture..i mean interogation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That video that's circling the net appears to be the only one. The soldiers (it was the National Guard and the police) confistcated all the recording equipment (including phones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

There was a few other videos going around on other websites (american DnB sites)but they seem to be "struggling with bandwidth", One particiular one was nasty where a girl ask's whats going on to a National Guard, He freaks and grabs her and she falls and about 3 of them give her a good kicking, She was about 5'3" and not a threat to anyone. Alot of the sites have taken down the videos because they are going to be used in lawsuites against the cops, and they dont want them to know what they have against them. Its ment to have stemed from a raid on an Illegal rave a few yeas back in the same place, that the cops couldnt handle and the crowd over powered them and wreck the cop cars and gave them a good kicking.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Theres a few more vids over at Bluelight (drug discussoion board) mad **** alright and just goes to show you how the war on drugs is the most sickening abuse of civil rights of our age (in my eyes).

Disgusting stuff, a SWAT team, I mean ****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 thiscityburns

hey, just a reminder, there's a street party on the 24th september in dublin, 2pm @ the spire.. Hopefully a little less violent than all of this ;)

Advertisement