Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Tribunal?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

I got a chortle out of this, but it may not appeal to others. publicjobs.ie, the website of the public appointments service, currently carries a picture on its home page of a garda beaming at her desk with the caption “I can make my own choices and shape my own future.”

All sounds a little worrying, given the disclosures in the Morris Tribunal. But I suppose “I must account for my whereabouts” wouldn’t be quite so inviting for prospective candidates.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Well at least they are now going to open up to allow non-nationals to join. This is essential to help people integrate, from the perspective of allowing them to join and also that there will be people there with an understanding of the languages and cultures of the people they now have to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Uggghhh way to 1984 for this hour of the morning!
    I wonder how much choice she had in posing for the photo ;)

uhm
    I thought that was an add for recruitment?

ie I can choose to go for that inspectors job.
    I can choose to go for that traffic corp job ?
    I can choose to do the law enforcement job that I want to do?

Advertisement