Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting reinterpretation of the Mario series

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I love the picture and would like to see more, has great potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Not sure... my gut instinct syas if it's dark, it's not really Mario. But they could try some kind of 'Mario's New Nightmare'-type thing... make it be about a plumber called Mario who cracks up and thinks he's in a video-game.
    I seriously doubt Nintendo would risk damaging Mario's 'brand identity'. He's got to be up there with Mickey Mouse in the 'recognisability' stakes by now... they're not gonna mess with that. Cool picture, though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Isn't there a more mature mario game out a few years called plumbers don't wear ties?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I remember that...voted worse game ever wasnt it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PCGamers worst game ever. Probably mine as well if I was brave enough to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Isn't there a more mature mario game out a few years called plumbers don't wear ties?
    If thats the same one that appeared on Google, the only similarity to mario was a plumber.
    ExOffender wrote:
    I seriously doubt Nintendo would risk damaging Mario's 'brand identity'. He's got to be up there with Mickey Mouse in the 'recognisability' stakes by now... they're not gonna mess with that.
    True, but its still a pity that they won't do anything with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Daddio wrote:
    A dark mario game would be amazing.

Was i the only one freaked out by Mario 2 on the NES? That was kinda dark!

yeah that game was a bit freaky alright, that mask muttha fukka that chased you when you had a key? WTF was that about?

Anyway it's a remake of an obscure Jap game called Doki Doki Panic, as the original Jap sequel to Super Mario Brothers (it was the lost levels on the Allstars collection) was too hard, or summatt.. anyway good article on it here.

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/dokidokipanic.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There's also a wierd flick-screen version of Mario called Super Mario Bros Special made by Hudson. Must give it a go one of these days.

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/special.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

A darker mario game might work but I don't think it would ever happen and judgeing from the picture he would need to lose a load of weight or he might get stuck in a tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I reckon the Mario games need a bit of a shakeup. I loved Super Mario World on the SNES, loved Mario 64 on the N64 (and on the DS lol) and I was not too bothered about Super Mario Sunshine on the GC. Maybe they could continue to make the cutesy Mario games but also work on a darker/adult oriented Mario games as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement