Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New-style Reg Cert ?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

I recieved my first new-style Reg Cert yesterday for my recently purchased '03 Astra.

What do you guys think of them ?

Better than the old Reg Cert and Licencing Cert ? .........or would you prefer the old Tax Book ?

I would have liked to see a return to listing any the previous owners on the Cert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

BTW, for anybody that doesn't know - the new-style (EU wide) Reg Cert was introduced to replace the old-style Reg and Licencing Certs first introduced in Ireland in 1993.

They are c.A4 in size (folded in half).

They are issued with new vehicles, and will be send to new owners when change of ownership takes place on s/h vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, I prefered when it listed the number of previous owners too as that can give an indication of the history of the car. A relatively new car with alot of owners in it's short life could indicate a troublesome car where previous owners ran out of patience and got shot of it.

My father used ask to see the old log book if he was interested in buying a used car and contact the previous owner to see what they thought of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

meh, what is the difference...personally if i sold a car i dont want someone ringing me up 4/5 years later asking me what i thought of it.

it just goes in the filing cabinet until its time to sell the car, book, cert or whatever

Advertisement