Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

more than just photoshoppage

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

how many would like to see this as a pixel pusher/ digital art forum rather than specifically a photoshop forum? i cant do much but maybe we can pursuade the mods. :)

should the forum cover more than photoshop? 11 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You have no need to persuade me, it's been orientated towards digital art for a long time...
    You might peruse the Charter, notice that the forum is a Photoshopping / Graphic Design orientated forum. It just happens to be called Photoshoppage :)

A name change to "Digital Art & Design" would be appropriate for what the forum has essentially become, which isn't a bad thing. Still, discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Are you serious about the name change , should it be proposed in the forums then?

Are you serious about the name change , should it be proposed in the forums then?
    I've messaged one of the Big Boys to see if it's a runner; I'd prefer to have to opinions of the forums regulars though, the forums forum is really only for requesting new forums.

...forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

digital art is a more apt name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

for a moment i couldn't find my photoshoppage.

everything is fine now. keep the name, it's less confusing for newbies.

• Advertisement

dangerman wrote:
    for a moment i couldn't find my photoshoppage.

everything is fine now. keep the name, it's less confusing for newbies.
    Name changed now, and we have a new subforum as you may have noticed :)

Actually, I had noticed one thread by a newbie requesting a "Paint Shop Pro" forum, because they thought that this forum was exclusively for Photoshop users.

Hope everyone manages to find the forum again and doesn't think I've banned them :E

Seems we have a new mod too. What about LoLTH , whan was the last time he was on?

Seems we have a new mod too. What about LoLTH , whan was the last time he was on?
    LoLth is the Arts Category Moderator, he's there for all the Arts forums. Takes care of a mass spam to the category forums and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

'Bout time it was changed I guess, if only to stop newbies requesting yet more needlessly specific forums in the hope that they'll be made mod.

CuLT wrote:
    LoLth is the Arts Category Moderator, he's there for all the Arts forums. Takes care of a mass spam to the category forums and whatnot.

Oh , I sees

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭shane_mcc

i was i little confused for a sec, till i noticed the new DA&D . im pretty happy cos i started the ball rolling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah, It's better this way. I was going to mention it before, but I think there's been an increase in art related threads in the past few months tbh. It's much better now tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Agreed - far better title. Kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

New name's good. I like.

...and an animation forum too! good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Took me about 20 minutes to find this forum today... had to look up CuLT's username just to find the link...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

steveland? wrote:
    Took me about 20 minutes to find this forum today... had to look up CuLT's username just to find the link...
    Just add it to your subbed list :p
    The amount of boards here is getting rediculous.
    They've taken a few busy forums and split them up into several quiet ones, lots of extra clicking for nothing.
    Booo urns.

Advertisement