Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos?

Options
  • 23-08-2005 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Here's the deal, I don't know a lot about tattoos, but am considering getting a very small one on the back of my neck. I originally wanted to get a red or black design, less than an inch in length, but have changed my mind to a tiny angel symbol I've designed instead.....the only problem with this is that I think it'd only look good in a bright colour. Can anybody tell me what colours are available when you get a tattoo? Is white or grey possible? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

any colour is possible but some last better than others,the pigment in black is the strongest so that will(should) last longest and hold shape etc...

I have just aquired a white ink tatt and it seems to be holding up well!

Alot of artists doint like working with tatts that dont have a black outline as the feel the ink will bleed too much and cause blurring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Ahh that's good news! I supposed I could go for a dark outline around the white. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 morticiaaddams

a tattoo can be done in any color...for instance...a dark green outline with lighter green fill in. , a burgundy outline with red fill in... and so on....as long as the outline is 2 or 3 shades darker it'll hold.
    otherwise use black but be careful, sometimes it can be over powering with some delicate pieces.

Advertisement