Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Logic 7 Hifi System

Options
  • 24-08-2005 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm gettin a new 5 series and I'm half thinking of getting the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 Hifi system installed as an extra.

It has 13 speakers, a graphic EQ and 'soundscape' technology. Has anyone ever heard the system before??

Is it worth forking out an extra €1,800 for it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

its hard to say, its worth it if u have the money, personally i would fit an after market DSP system and remove it when i sold the car. u should get a very nice setup woofers, mid range and tweeters and a sub/amp, nice mp3/satnav headunit and a dsp system for 2 grand. and at least thats an investment of sorts.
    best to listen to one and see if u like it, thats my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

jamieh wrote:
    Is it worth forking out an extra €1,800 for it??
    I'd struggle to pay €1800 for a system by the guys who make the cheapest/crappiest PC speakers. Harmon Kardon used to have a very good name, way back when. Their product now is pretty weak. I would imagine €1800 would get you something pretty mind blowing aftermarket, as would €1000.

Bear in mind that you mostly need power in a car, rather than delicate balance or so-called "surround-sound" - you're always competing with engine, wind and road noise, no matter how quiet the car.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

All the reviews of the 5er and 6er fitted with it were positive.
    Is it worth it? Only you can decide that. The factory sounds aren't bad at all!
    What other options are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the main thing that creates quality as kbannon says is power , and u need plenty of it to drive a subwoofer the next most important thing.

so if u have a multi channel amp, that drives the sub, and the front and rear middles that is alot in itself. also a clean source is needed which is where a good head unit comes in. tweeters and cross overs complete the picture. a sat nav mp3 headunit would be very nice also.

dsp is the final nail in an audiophile sound system and can create timing differences to cater for the weird speaker layouts.

i personally would pay 1800 aftermarket and rip it out on resale, i think ul get a better system personally that route. but i dont think ul go wrong with the oem pack.

Advertisement